Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] Errors when trying to use CMC

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
mikemack

[CLOSED] Errors when trying to use CMC

Post by mikemack » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:48 pm

I returned from a week away for Thanksgiving and I am now seeing error messages when I attempt to use CMC.

I attempted to enable the debug log setting but I am unable to access the settings feature in CMC.

Please reference the attached error messages that occur when trying to load CMC, move within the libraries (Movies & Music) and when I attempt to access the settings page.
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (32.12 KiB) Viewed 9195 times
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (24.43 KiB) Viewed 9195 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (22.64 KiB) Viewed 9195 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (20.73 KiB) Viewed 9195 times
Any help is appreciated in getting this working again.

Thanks

Pauven

Re: Errors when trying to use CMC

Post by Pauven » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:25 pm

If you haven't, please reboot then try again.

If still not working, please redownload CMC from the website, and extract the files into the same folder and try again.

If still not working, please extract the files into a new folder and try again (this will be the new user experience).

Please let me know how the above goes, and I can provide more help then.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Ok, I rebooted the PC with no change in behavior. Still seeing the same error messages.

Downloaded CMC again and extracted into the same folder and same behavior and error messages.

Downloaded and extracted into a new folder and was able to run without errors by double clicking the executable manually. If I attempt to run the application by selecting the Windows button on my remote it starts to load but I get the cannot load SSL library error.
Capture5.JPG
Capture5.JPG (22.79 KiB) Viewed 9190 times
When I click this error to OK it CMC starts but loads with orange background and is limited in functionality.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (187.14 KiB) Viewed 9190 times

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Attached are the debug and performance logs I captured in troubleshooting this.
Attachments
CMC-debug&perf_logs.zip
(32.53 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:35 pm

I have also rebooted the server where the ISO files reside thinking maybe it was a permissions or access issue but that did not resolve the issue. I am able to browse to the \\servername\Movies directory from the PC without issue.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Okay, something has become corrupted inside your normal CMC program folder. It could be the CMC.cfg file, or one of the CMC*DB.bin files.

Going in order of least impact, do the following:

Delete all *.bin and *.xml files ( should be 2, or 3 if you use the music library too).

Delete all XML files (should be 1, or 2 if you use the music library too).

Start CMC. If no errors, then run Syncs to rebuild the DB's.

If still errors, you'll need to also delete the CMC.cfg file. Then when you run CMC it will be like the first time. Reconfigure your settings and run Syncs.

If that doesn't work, then delete your CMC program folder, and start from scratch. Should only take a few minutes to set up and get your sync running.

Paul

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 pm

If it was me having these issues, I would just use CMC's latest download and put the latest downloaded files into a new CMC folder.

This would be totally starting from scratch.

I know it's a pain to have to do everything over again to setup CMC, but I think it would be less painful than deleting config files in the old CMC folder.

Also you will have to fix any shortcut files on the windows desktop to get them to work again. I don't know whether you would have to reprogram your remote settings you have set up, but that might be necessary too.

I don't think it would take over 1 to 2 hours to do this from scratch, but this is ultimately your choice.

Jamie

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Paul,

In my last post I tried to overwrite the files in the existing C:\MMBrowser\ folder and that did not resolve the issue. I then created a new CMC folder and extracted the new download into that folder and reran the setup. For the most part this resolved some of the issue but not all. I can launch and run the cmc.exe file manually or add it to the startup folder in Win10 and it works. However, if I try to launch it from the remote I get the SSL library error message.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:49 pm

The remote configuration is still pointing to the original directory.

In the new directory, run CMC as Administrator. Configure the remote buttons you want on the Settings panel, Save, and also from the Settings panel select Update the Registry, then reboot.

Paul

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Ok. I followed the directions and now it seems the program is launching without error. However, now it starts syncing titles and it has been stuck for an hour at building directory list. It is scanning the UNC path \\servername\movies and coming up with nothing.

I can browse to this directory via the path from this machine without issue. Any idea on what would keep it from syncing the titles? Would enabling the logs help in this process?