Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v2.1] Request for Channel Up/Down Functionality

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
pks

[Fixed in v2.1] Request for Channel Up/Down Functionality

Post by pks » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi Paul,
When using WMC, I used its settings menu to define the use of channel up/down. This gave me the ability to move one screen forward or one screen back when reviewing my movies or music albums. Although your system runs quickly using the right/left arrow keys, the channel up/down function made it super quick to navigate. It really serves as a page up/down. My channel down button took me forward one screen. Channel up took me one screen back. Would it be difficult to add this functionality?

Jamie

Re: Request for Channel Up/Down Functionality

Post by Jamie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am

If you are referring to the remote page up, or page down function, I believe that you just have to press fast forward or fast previous remote buttons. This also works with the same keys on the keyboard.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Jamie is correct. I added a few fast scroll options about a year ago in v1.6. Though they were in the release notes, I realize now I haven't added them to the documentation - sorry. Here's the programmed buttons:
  • Use Replay/Previous Chapter |< and Skip/Next Chapter >| to jump to First/Last Cover
  • Use Fast Forward >> and Rewind << to faster scroll 3 cover screen widths
  • Use Channel Up and Channel Down to fast scroll 1 cover screen width
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

pks

Post by pks » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks Jamie and Paul.
For the movie library, I do see the fast forward/rewind buttons workings correctly as described using either my remote or keyboard. The same is true for next chapter/previous chapter.
But the channel up/down buttons on both my remote and keyboard don't function at all. On my media center keyboard, I have both channel +/- and page up/down. But none of those buttons function either.
None of the three sets of buttons mentioned work for the music library but you probably have not attempted to extend such functions to that library yet.
Peter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 am

Hmmmm, you're right, the Channel Up/Down is not working. I must have broke it in the last release. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix it for the next release.

You're also right, I haven't added the fast scroll options to the Music Library just yet.

Paul

pks

Post by pks » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks Paul,
I'm upgrading my HTPC to Windows 10 today. Hope to be purchasing a license soon.
I remember you saying that you would add TS video files in your December release. Do you still expect to offer a December release or will it be delayed due to the holidays?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:46 am

I'm working hard on the December release. I've added international language support, and the first 3 language translations. This has turned into a much bigger effort than I anticipated. I'm doing my best to get it out this month, but it might slip into January.

Regarding TS video file support, the current version supports these today, as long as they are in a DVD Folder (i.e. VIDEO_TS). Please clarify, are your Video TS files inside DVD Folders, or are they broken out separately? Are you directly linking to TS video files in My Movies? Screenshots will help me understand how you are using them. Show me a screenshot of a directory containing TS files, and also how you are assigning them in My Movies Collection Management.

Thanks,
Paul

pks

Post by pks » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Paul,

I have now migrated to Windows 10 and purchased a license.

TS files are transport stream files that are contained within the DVD VIDEO_TS folder structure in a slightly complex way as you know. But they can also exist as simple straight forward stand alone files. I believe it is essentially an mpeg-2 file.

Please see the attachment for Scary Movie 3. It resides within a simple folder named Scary Movie 3 like my other movies (ios files and regular video DVD folders).

There are two pictures attached. By right clicking on the ts file, it can be readily played by PowerDVD 15, and Movies & TV, and even by Windows Media Player. I can change the suffix to .mpeg-2 and it will play in Movies & TV and Windows Media Player. Then I can change it back to a .ts file with no harm done.

It's just that the folder containing the ts movie does not show up in CMC as an available movie to play.

As I mentioned earlier, I have over 100 such .ts movies that I have recorded off of TV using Hauppauge Colossus 2 High Definition Video Recorder. It does a really good job of recording and the ts format that it records to has very good quality.

Pete
Attachments
Attachment_2018-12-20-02.jpg
Attachment_2018-12-20-02.jpg (67.65 KiB) Viewed 7820 times
Attachment_2018-12-20-01.jpg
Attachment_2018-12-20-01.jpg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 7820 times

pks

Post by pks » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pm

And I am directly pointing to the .ts file in MyMovies.
Pete

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:38 pm

I think that Paul will have to program this situation separately from what he is doing now. What type of disk was this .ts file ripped from, or how did you create it? This information will help Paul to program and test for this situation that you just reported. In mymovies, dvd's are generally ripped to VOB files and placed in a VIDEO_TS folder. See my attachment. Blurays are ripped to ISO files. Other files are mkv and mp4
Video_ts.jpg
Video_ts.jpg (230.45 KiB) Viewed 7815 times

Jamie