Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v2.1] Request for Channel Up/Down Functionality

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
pks

Re: Request for Channel Up/Down Functionality

Post by pks » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Jamie,
You're stating the obvious. You need to re-read my post. The TS files were not ripped from discs. They are the result of a recording process.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 am

Hey Pete,

I think I got myself confused, thinking that VIDEO_TS directories actually contained *.TS files. Thank you for confirming your use case. I had mistakenly assumed you were talking about DVD Folders, but you've set me straight now.

I'll add TS for the next version.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 am

Thanks for the clarification. I did not understand what you meant, sorry. Paul as he stated will not hesitate to add this functionality to CMC and others with the same type of files will be able to play them too. You stated that you are able to rename the .TS file to mpeg and play it in Powerdvd. I was wondering whether you could try that with a couple files with CMC to see whether CMC will pick them up and allow powerdvd and other players to play them? It would be an interesting test. You may have to correct the metadata in mymovies too.

[Edited]. I just read your previous post and saw that you stated mpeg-2 suffix not mpeg, so forget that test. You would probably harm the file.

Here are the files that CMC currently support.

Chameleon MediaCenter provides support for the most common file formats, including ISO, DVD folders, Blu-ray folders, AVI, DIVX, DVX, FLV, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, QT, and WTV (WMC recorded TV).

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Not sure why I didn't realize this earlier, but it appears I missed adding MPEG 2 file support. I'm thinking the following is what I need to add, let me know if you see any omissions:
  • m2v = MPEG-2 Video Only Stream (No Audio) - Do I include or not?
  • mp2 = MPEG-2 Audio Only Stream (No Video) - I won't include this
  • mpg2 - MPEG-2 Video + Audio Stream - I'll add this
  • mpeg2 = seems to be the same as mpg2 - I'll add this
  • ts = Transport Stream Video + Audio, utilizes MPEG-2 - I'll add this
Paul

pks

Post by pks » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Paul,
Thanks. Looks good to me though I'm mainly focused on the .ts files.
Have a good Christmas.
Pete

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:15 pm

I've fixed the Channel Up/Down buttons not working. I had done some code cleanup in v2.0, and accidentally disabled these 2 lines of code. The fix is in v2.1.

I also added TS, MPG2 and MPEG2 file support to v2.1.

I don't have an exact delivery date for v2.1 just yet. I just finished the language translations into French, German and Spanish, and now I need to have native language speakers review my work before I release it to the public. This may take a while, since I'm counting on other users to donate their time to this effort.

Paul