Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Sync Errors

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
tombean

Sync Errors

Post by tombean » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Paul,

When I did the initial sync in CMC, I got over 300 errors. They were mainly of two types: 'TV Series' is missing the required TVWebServiceID’ which looks like it’s pretty easy to fix; and ‘Found playable media without a "mymovies.xml" file’ which is what I need some guidance on.

I did the Clean and Update as in the “Pre-Installation Requirements” how-to topic. It appears the My Movies Update function did not add the mymovies.xml files to subfolders containing movies. I have box sets structured like you explain in the “How to Configure Box Sets for CMC” topic so I thought you might have seen this problem too.

I checked My Movies Settings for Update but there’s no way to drill down into folders so the subfolders will have a mymovies.xml file written to them. Will using the My Movies Synchronize function solve the problem or will I have to update the meta data for each title individually?

Thanks,
Tom

Pauven

Re: Sync Errors

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:18 am

Hi Tom,

What you are describing is, unfortunately, all too common with My Movies Collection Management (MMCM).

For MMCM management to export the mymovies.xml meta-data files, several criteria must be met.
  • The title must be added to MMCM as a disc based title
  • The discs must be configured as "Online File" or "Online Folder"
  • The disc location must be set to the correct folder or file
There are additional criteria for Box Sets (instructions in How-To web page) and TV Series (instructions in Tutorials section of Forum) that I won't recover here.

If you are unsure how to proceed, please provide some screenshots here so I can see your current configuration and provide further guidance. I need the following screenshots:
  • A screenshot of a directory that has playable media without the mymovies.xml file
  • A screenshot of the same title in MMCM
  • A screenshot of the window that opens when you press the "Discs" button on that title
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am

I had the same issue on a box set a few days ago. I forgot to set the parent to look at the top level box set folder.

For the box set parent title, you need to point the parent title to the top level folder of the set using "online (folder). Once you point the parent at the correct folder mymovies willl place the box set mymovies.xml and jpgs in that folder.

Jamie

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 am

Sorry, I forgot to include the CMC Error Log.txt file that contains the errors.

Tom
Last edited by tombean on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 am

I checked the "D:\Movies\Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins\Juno and the Paycheck" subfolder reported as missing mymovies.xml files and it hadn't been updated by My Movies, however, other subfolders in the "D:\Movies\Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins\" path had been and had a mymovies.xml file.

This was just a group of nested folders. not a box set.

Do you have any idea why some subfolders would have been updated and not others?

Thanks,
Tom

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am

Please provide the requested screenshots.

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:44 am

Attached are some screenshots.

It looks like most of the errors are TV Series or nested folders.

I guess I'll have to assign TV Series to the titles and to convert the nested titles to box sets.

Does that sound correct?

Thanks,
Tom
Error1.PNG
Error1.PNG (7.34 KiB) Viewed 7611 times
Error2.PNG
Error2.PNG (8.15 KiB) Viewed 7611 times
Error3.PNG
Error3.PNG (10.71 KiB) Viewed 7611 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 am

Hi Tom,

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't need screenshots of the error file. You had already attached that and I could read it just fine. But then you went and removed it for some reason, so now I can't see it.

Regardless, what I need are screenshots of Windows directories and My Movies Collection Management.

For example, provide a screenshot of the Windows directory showing all files:
  • D:\Movies\Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins\Juno and the Paycheck
Then provide another screenshot showing Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins in My Movies Collection Management (MMCM).

The provide a 3rd screenshot showing Juno and the Paycheck in MMCM.

Finally provide a 4th screenshot showing the window that opens when you press the "Discs" button while viewing Juno and the Paycheck in MMCM.

Paul

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Paul,

Here are the first two screenshots you requested. There is no Juno and the Paycheck title in My Movies so I can't provide the last two.

In order to get the Alfred Hitchcock title to play nice I would have to add Juno and the Paycheck as a title, however, My Movies does not have that title. That must be the reason some of the titles have the mymovies.xml file and others don't. I checked some of the other titles in the Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins series and the titles in My Movies have the mymovies.xml file and the missing titles don't.

I looked at the mymovies.xml for a title that has one and it contains information about the whole series not the individual title and the .jpg files also show the main series pictures so I suppose I can copy that mymovies.xml and the .jpg files to the folders that don't have them. The xml files have information indicating the title is an episode of a TV series, however, the titles are about 1 hour 20 minutes long while his TV series was only 30 minutes so I don't believe the titles appeared in his TV series.

Tom
Attachments
Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins.jpg
Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins.jpg (252.45 KiB) Viewed 7606 times
Juno and the Paycheck.jpg
Juno and the Paycheck.jpg (32.41 KiB) Viewed 7606 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks for the screenshots, extremely helpful.

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:08 pm In order to get the Alfred Hitchcock title to play nice I would have to add Juno and the Paycheck as a title, however, My Movies does not have that title. That must be the reason some of the titles have the mymovies.xml file and others don't. I checked some of the other titles in the Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins series and the titles in My Movies have the mymovies.xml file and the missing titles don't.

Bingo.

But for best results, you'll want My Movies to generate the xml file, rather than you copying it.

Please provide a screenshot of the "Discs" for the Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins. I want to see how that looks, and that might be the best place to add this.

I was also surprised to see that Juno and the Paycheck was an .mp4. Are all of them? Or are some DVD ISO?

Paul