Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Sync Errors

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
tombean

Re: Sync Errors

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Paul,

Here's the screenshot of the "Discs" for the Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins.

Yes, all my titles are .mpg files. I have been doing this since 1998 and wanted a smaller file format the players would use. I started out with .avi and .divx files but learned the .mp4 container was better.

Tom
Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins Discs.jpg
Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins Discs.jpg (78.65 KiB) Viewed 7656 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks Tom.

What is your goal for how you want to display Juno and the Paycheck? I'll provide some valid options to make this easier:

1) Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins shows as a single movie in your cover rows. Selecting it opens the movie details (FanArt) page. Selecting Play prompts for the disc (i.e. Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins - Disc 1), and you want Juno and the Paycheck to show as one of the Select Disc options.

2) Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins shows as a single movie in your cover rows. Selecting it opens the box set, showing all the covers assigned to that box set. Juno and the Paycheck will show as one of the movie covers you can select, open the details for, and play.

3) Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins: Juno and the Paycheck shows as a separate movie in your main cover rows. Selecting it opens the movie details for Juno and the Paycheck, ditto for playing it.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Paul,

I think having it show as a box set, otherwise, there would be 20 titles starting with "Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins".

Tom

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:45 pm

So option B, correct?

You will need to:

1) Make Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins a Box Set in MMCM, if it isn't already
2) Add Juno and the Paycheck to MMCM as a title
3) Assign Juno and the Paycheck as a Child to the Box Set Parent Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins

The How-To on Box Sets should give a bit more detail, but the steps above are the general guideline. After doing that, run a Full Sync in CMC and it should pick up this change and display it correctly. If you are happy with the result, repeat for the other titles in this Hitchcock series.

The other errors in your log file looked mostly TV Series related. We probably want to address those separately.

Paul

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Paul,

When I try to add Juno and the Paycheck as a title in My Movies by using the Import Folders option. It returns the title as Already Exists and nothing is added but the title doesn't show up in the list of titles that can be added to the Box Set.

Can you suggest any other way to get the title added?

Tom

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm

You can manually add the title, then point it to the folder after it is added.

But it seems like you have some kind of data problem if MMCM says the title already exists. You need to go to the MM forum and see if anyone can help you there. That could be serious.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 pm Paul,

When I try to add Juno and the Paycheck as a title in My Movies by using the Import Folders option. It returns the title as Already Exists and nothing is added but the title doesn't show up in the list of titles that can be added to the Box Set.

Can you suggest any other way to get the title added?

Tom
Tom, What is the complete and exact title you are adding for Juno and paycheck and do the disk titles correspond to the disk folder names in windows explorer? How are you sorting them in MM? You should sort your title list on the left side of the MM screen by the SORT title name. if you can find them in the MM title list on the left of the window you should then be able to click on that specific title to see local title or sort. The titles listed in the main title view are sorted by the sort. When you add the title to a boxset in mymoves by clicking on the title name on the left side then clicking series/boxset it sorts them by the local title not the sort.
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:18 pm

Pauven wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm You can manually add the title, then point it to the folder after it is added.

But it seems like you have some kind of data problem if MMCM says the title already exists. You need to go to the MM forum and see if anyone can help you there. That could be serious.
I believe that the movies are there but there is some confusion regarding how they are sorted.

In the MM main title screen the titles scrolling on the left side are sorted by the sort listed for the title.

The titles for series boxset are sorted by the local title name, not the sort.

You first need to know what you used for the sort name. Did you leave "The" off the beginning of the title for sort, or did you have the boxset name in the title with the disc name added to Juno, or paycheck?

edit 1.

Also you do know that there are three titles at least for this box set.

1. the boxset title.
2. Juno title,
3. paycheck title

edit 2.

Also to add a title goto MMCM. Go to title / add title. Search for the boxset and each individual movie title. I usually choose offline then add the folder or filename for each file/disk after the titles are added.

I think that if you did it this way it would be less of a problem.

Jamie

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Paul,

I am trying to import "Juno and the Paycheck" and both the folder and the movie file are named that. I removed all the files from the folder with the exception of the movie file (Juno and the Paycheck.mp4) but still get Already Exists return. When I check the "Already Exists" title, it has "Paycheck" as the title which I suppose makes sense since the "Juno and the Paycheck" title isn't in My Movies.

I added the title using "By Manual Typing" and used the barcode of the "Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins" title. That added the title but the only files that were added to the folder were the "Juno and the Paycheck.nfo" and "mymovies.xml" files.

I can copy .jpg files to the folder and at least have cover art to display. What do you think?

Tom

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Paul,

After I added the title manually, it shows up in the "Available Titles" list so it can be added to the box set but unless I copy the cover art to the folder there won't be anything for CMC to display.

Tom