Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Sync Errors

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
tombean

Re: Sync Errors

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Jamie,

Sorry for not addressing you in my last few posts. I assumed the replies were coming from Paul and you know what "Ass u me" means. I'll be more attentive in the future.

Tom

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Here is how I set up a boxset for a music boxset. You should be able to do this with any file type

1. Boxset title timeless flight
Timeless title.jpg
Timeless title.jpg (505.44 KiB) Viewed 7856 times

2. Boxset individual titles
Timeless individual titles.jpg
Timeless individual titles.jpg (536.23 KiB) Viewed 7856 times
3.. Days of future past individual title

add more title as you did the first one
Attachments
Days of future past.jpg
Days of future past.jpg (497.47 KiB) Viewed 7856 times
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:58 pm

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm Jamie,

Sorry for not addressing you in my last few posts. I assumed the replies were coming from Paul and you know what "*** u me" means. I'll be more attentive in the future.

Tom
Okay, read the last post I posted carefully and you should figure this out. If not you and Paul can work it out. I don't know your level of MM expertise so I might have sounded condescending. Sorry. You don't update metadata manually. You use MM to do it.

Jamie
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:02 pm

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm Jamie,

Sorry for not addressing you in my last few posts. I assumed the replies were coming from Paul and you know what "Ass u me" means. I'll be more attentive in the future.

Tom

Unfortunately our usernames display in a small font on this forum, so unless you pay close attention you might get confused who is speaking. I know I sure do. I'll put it on my todo list to look for a forum plugin that can make it more obvious what user made a post.

Jamie's awesome, he's one of my very first users, has stuck with me and CMC even when it didn't work right, is a major reason why CMC works at all, and he knows a ton about MM. Plus he posts here and on MM to help out other users, both for CMC and MM.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:09 pm

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:30 pm Paul,

I am trying to import "Juno and the Paycheck" and both the folder and the movie file are named that. I removed all the files from the folder with the exception of the movie file (Juno and the Paycheck.mp4) but still get Already Exists return. When I check the "Already Exists" title, it has "Paycheck" as the title which I suppose makes sense since the "Juno and the Paycheck" title isn't in My Movies.

I added the title using "By Manual Typing" and used the barcode of the "Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins" title. That added the title but the only files that were added to the folder were the "Juno and the Paycheck.nfo" and "mymovies.xml" files.

I can copy .jpg files to the folder and at least have cover art to display. What do you think?

Tom

I'm not 100% sure that was the right way to do this. By using the barcode, you were essentially adding the Box Set's barcode, not Juno and the Paycheck's barcode, unless I misunderstood and you had a barcode for Juno.

Also, you already found the title under "Paycheck". So to me it would have made more sense to correct Paycheck to be the correct title and point to the correct place and be the box set child.

Regardless, it sounds like you made some good progress. You certainly don't want to copies of the same film, so you need to remove one of those.

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:37 pm After I added the title manually, it shows up in the "Available Titles" list so it can be added to the box set but unless I copy the cover art to the folder there won't be anything for CMC to display.

Jamie is right, MMCM should be populating ALL the meta-data, and that includes the folder.jpg artwork too. Sometimes there is a delay for artwork showing up. It could also be a problem with the new title you just added. You could include a screenshot of the new Juno and the Paycheck title you added in MMCM.

Paul

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Jamie,

Don't worry about sounding condescending, anyone who is having the fun I am can't be offended.

I think I have the Box Set setup down. The problem I was having was importing "Juno and the Paycheck" and that was due to My Movies thinking it was the "Paycheck" title which I also have in my collection.

I believe I can add the titles using "By Manual Typing" and copy the images into the folders. I checked all the folders and the titles appearing in the subfolders before "Juno and the Paycheck" look OK but "Juno and the Paycheck" and the ones after it are messed up. They don't have all the normal files and all had an incorrect .xml file.

Once I get all the titles added, setting up the Box Set should be easy.

Tom

tombean

Post by tombean » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Paul,

If you try to add the "Juno and the Paycheck" in My Movies, it isn't found and so no meta data exists for the title. As My Movies often does, it tried to match each word of the title and selected "Paycheck" as the match. I don't know why it didn't select "Juno" since I have that title too.

If there's no meta data in My Movies, my thought is I need to create it manually so CMC will have what it needs to work with the titles.

I have included a screenshot of the "Juno and the Paycheck" title I added to the "Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins" in My Movies.
Juno and the Paycheck in My Movies.jpg
Juno and the Paycheck in My Movies.jpg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 7845 times
Tom

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:39 pm

tombean wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 pm If you try to add the "Juno and the Paycheck" in My Movies, it isn't found and so no meta data exists for the title...If there's no meta data in My Movies, my thought is I need to create it manually so CMC will have what it needs to work with the titles.

This sounds correct. Every so often you come across a title that doesn't exist in the My Movies centralized database. You get to fill out the details yourself, and Contribute them so that all My Movies users can benefit. And Binnerup gives you points for contributing a title.

The important thing to know here is that you want to add the meta-data through the MMCM GUI, and not try to do anything manually externally to MMCM.

My guess is that this title is part of a Box Set for which someone didn't break out all of the individual movies.

Paul

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:20 pm

If you add a new title by the same name it is important to have the correct IMDB ID. MM keys off that #.

If you don't know or can't find the IMDB id you add the "TT000000" #. I do not know the exact TT0000 # but you should be able to find it on mm forum.

That's it for me.

Bye.

Jamie

tombean

Post by tombean » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I got rid of all but 5 errors in the "Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins" series and they were all about missing "mymovies.xml" files. I'll try updating them again from My Movies to see if the files show up.

I have another question about the following error:
"[ERROR] A title set as a 'TV Series' is missing the required TVWebServiceID: "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
Overriding Media Type, setting to 'Other Media Types' to force title to display in CMC.
Please assign a TV Series to the title in My Movies to enable TV Series Grouping."

I have attached a screenshot of the My Movies information about the title and its Media Type is Movie not TV Series.

I checked the listing in My Movies and it says it's a "TV Series" but it won't let me update the information in my system. "Change Title Source" says "This title already exists in your collection." I tried changing the Media Type to "TV Series" in My Movies and ran a Full Sync in CMC but the error persisted.

What can I do to fix this error?

Thanks,
Tom
Charlie Brown Christmas.jpg
Charlie Brown Christmas.jpg (98.53 KiB) Viewed 7821 times