Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Sync Errors

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Sync Errors

Post by Pauven » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Hey Tom,

I'm a little confused, mainly because your screenshot clearly shows that the Media Type is set to "Movie", and that sounds right for A Charlie Brown Christmas.

If it is a Movie, then you don't want to change it to TV Series. Probably the problem was an old meta-data file that showed TV Series, even though MMCM is currently showing it as a Movie. If you changed it to TV Series, you should change it back to Movie. Then doublecheck the date/time on the mymovies.xml file so you know MMCM updated it after you made the change.

Now, if you get this error on any real TV Series, here's what that means. When you first set it to TV Series, an icon will show up immediately to the right of that box, and the icon will be a TV with a magnifying glass in front of it and a red dot inside the magnifying glass and a question mark in the red dot. It's hard to tell that what this icon is (it's a complicated icon), but if you see essentially a red dot icon, that's the one.

What the red dot icon means is that you have specified this is a TV show, but you haven't linked it to a TV Series. You have to click the red dot icon, and that brings up the "Lookup TV Series" window, where you would search for the TV Show and link this disc to it.

And that is what the "[ERROR] A title set as a 'TV Series' is missing the required TVWebServiceID" error is telling you, that there is a red dot icon next to that TV Series Media Type assignment, and it hasn't been linked to a TV Series (which is how you get the TVWebServiceID).

Once you link it, the icon turns into a TV with a blue screen.

Hope that helps.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

tombean

Post by tombean » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Paul,

When you look up A Charlie Brown Christmas on My Movies Change Title Source, it comes up as a TV Series so I changed my entry to match. Even though My Movies classifies it as a TV Series, the "Lookup TV Series" search doesn't bring it up.

Since there is a second title, "It's Christmas Again, Charlie Brown", on the disc so it needs to be a Box Set or a second disc needs to be added and the titles need to be set to "Online (File)" to get both titles to show up.

I submitted a "Report Incorrect Data" on it so the My Movies database maintainers will fix it. I'll wait until they change it before I do anything.

Now I'll see if I can correct the other TV Series errors.

Tom

tombean

Post by tombean » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Paul,

I'm not having any success with the TV Series. I went to the next set of error messages and this error:

"[ERROR] A title set as a 'TV Series' is missing the required TVWebServiceID: "The Bible: The Epic Miniseries"
Overriding Media Type, setting to 'Other Media Types' to force title to display in CMC.
Please assign a TV Series to the title in My Movies to enable TV Series Grouping."

I overrode the Media Type to Other, reran the Full Sync and got the same error message. Even though the title is a TV Series in My Movies, there are no episodes in it. I hate to start deleting titles from my database to see if that solves the problem but there doesn't seem to be any other solution.

I'm thinking about just leaving them with errors and keeping the error log so I know which titles have problems.

Tom

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 pm

You should not override the Media Type to Other - you are misunderstanding the error message.

CMC automatically changed the Media Type from TV Series to Other during import into CMC. If it did not do this, then you wouldn't see the disc at all in CMC because TV Series that are missing the required WebServiceID don't display in CMC at all. So CMC overrode this value to make sure you could still see the title in CMC, and logged an error so you could make fixes in MMCM.

To fix this in MMCM, here's what you should do:

a) If the title was mistakenly flagged as a TV Series, then change it to what it should be (i.e. Movie). But this is not likely.

b) If the title is a TV Series, then click that "Red Dot Icon" next to Media Type [TV Series], and assign the TV Series. That's it.

So for "The Bible: The Epic Miniseries", do option b)

tombean

Post by tombean » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Paul,

I finally got it about overriding the Media Type to Other. That was informational but I was interpreting it as instructional.

I changed it back to TV Series and the icon with the red dot showed up. I did the "Lookup TV Series" search and found the TV Series and the icon changed to a blue TV screen as you said. However, the same errors showed up. Probably due to the fact the TV Series has no episodes.

I added that title in 2013 and I think that was before My Movies supported TV Series but I know the data loaded in my system is not like the TV Series I have added more recently.

Tom

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Please provide a screenshot of MM Collection Management, showing this title. Please don't crop too much, I need to see everything on the MMCM page.

tombean

Post by tombean » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Paul,

Here's the screenshot.
Bible, The.jpg
Bible, The.jpg (399.94 KiB) Viewed 7928 times
Thanks,
Tom

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Paul,

Just an FYI. A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's Christmas time again are two separate TV specials each 30 minutes long. I know that they are TV shows because I have followed the Peanuts characters since 1965. To get away from the error, I set all my TV specials as "Not Set". Maybe someone should suggest to Brian to add a "TV Special" category. I am fine with my shows as is because my main desire is to get them to be shown and played in CMC without error.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:39 pm

The screenshot looks okay. Since you said it still errors after syncing, please send me the mymovies.xml file for that disc. You can post it here or email me, your choice.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 am

Tom, I received the mymovies.xml file for The Bible - The Epic Miniseries, and it is definitely missing the TVWebServiceID.

As a test, I just added The Bible - The Epic Miniseries to my collection, and the newly created mymovies.xml file contains the TVWebServiceID. I didn't add any discs or episodes, just the title as an online folder (and the folder was completely empty when I did this).

That means that most likely your My Movies Collection Management is simply not updating the mymovies.xml file, either that or somehow your entry is bad and needs to be removed and re-added.

As a first step, I would like you to post a screenshot of your directory folder where The Bible - The Epic Miniseries lives, and please make sure that the file dates are visible in the screenshot.

Paul