Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v2.2] Regarding Online Services (e.g. youtube, mediathek, DAZN, etc.)

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Pauven

Re: [In v2.2] Regarding Online Services (e.g. youtube, mediathek, DAZN, etc.)

Post by Pauven » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:42 pm

These have been added. Hope to have the new version out later today, just waiting on some user test results.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:44 pm

CMC v2.2.2019.0630 is now available and it has these new Win10 App links.

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the quick turnaround. I was figuring I would have to wait until 2.3 :)

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:06 pm

0618.2019 version is the only one currently showing in the downloads. How do I get 0630.2019 version?

Thanks

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:07 pm

NM - I edited the link myself and was able to get the download. :)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:46 am

CMC should have auto-updated to the new version when you ran it. Not sure why you needed to manually download it.

I still need to update the website with the latest version. Very crafty of you to figure out how to download it.

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Interestingly CMC has never auto updated in any of the versions that I have run. I have always had to manually update the application by overwriting the directory with the new version. I have even deleted the entire CMC folder from the root of the drive and installed from scratch with same result.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm

For the auto-update to work, CMC has to contact the web server (this site, ChamConSoft.com).

I don't like programs that break if internet access is down, so I don't disable any functionality if you block firewall internet access for CMC. But if you don't allow CMC through your firewall then it can never successfully check for updates.

That is the only "phone-home" action that CMC performs, to check for updates upon program start-up.

I feel it is your right to block CMC's access to phone home and check for updates, but the auto-update feature is pretty sweet so I really can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to use it.

Additionally, the TurboActivate component, which handles the licensing, does validate online against the TurboActivate servers (3rd party company, not mine) about once every 90 days to validate that your license is valid. You must allow this access for TurboActivate to validate your license, otherwise it will deactivate. Since it only checks once every 90 days, you can be offline for 3 months at a time with no issues.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 am

How about directvnow.com (never mind I just saw in another post that you already added it.) :) I’m going to get this up and running this weekend and start the trial. If it works well for me I’ll consider cutting the cord. Keep cox internet or even look for a better internet deal from another isp.

I’m seriously considering cord-cutting. I’m tired of getting bent over by Cox. It’s outrageous. You can access the service through chrome 58+. Since you’ve embedded chrome into CME this should be easy for you to implement. I watch a very limited set of channels. The rest is a waste of money. I’m looking forward to playing with 2.2 this weekend. I haven’t been this excited to try the new version since I first started using my movies in WMC.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but CMC isn't quite as far along as you believe.

Chrome is not embedded in this version. The Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) for my programming platform has removed the Location service due to a API change. The Location service is critical for streaming websites, as they want to make sure you are in an authorized country, and when the Location service fails, streaming is blocked.

This essentially makes embedding Chrome a waste of space, since it isn't usable for the #1 purpose - streaming. I will be revisiting this in the future - hopefully the Location service will be re-added to the CEF by the developers.

What CMC is doing is launching Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, passing URL's to those browsers, and opening them full-screen for you, very similar to how CMC launches PDVD, MPC, etc. to play movies. While it's not embedded, it's a very good compromise.

CMC's new External Links are very customizable - for any URL or app, you can easily add it as a custom link. And as you've already noticed, I've already included DirecTV Now as one of the predefined links you can select.