Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Added to Roadmap] Virtual keyboard

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Pauven

Re: Virtual keyboard

Post by Pauven » Sun May 12, 2019 11:02 am

This look like it will do the job?

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (250.91 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun May 12, 2019 7:01 pm

looks pretty nifty to me. This functionality probably makes the coding much easier and faster

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed May 15, 2019 4:45 pm

I know it isn't the 'virtual keyboard' that was originally requested, though I do want to say that v2.2 now has significant touch support.

I added an on-screen remote control (per the screenshot above), and this turned out to be quite a bit harder than I expected, mainly because other elements kept taking focus away from the remote and it wouldn't respond to presses, so I had to jump through some hoops to get this working correctly. While I was working on it, I kept thinking it would probably just be easier to make the GUI touch enabled.

So I did. Well, a lot of it, anyway. The biggest gap is the Movie/CD covers still are not touch enabled, and I think that is too big of a task for v2.2, but all of the menu's are now touch enabled, and if you also turn on the on-screen remote, you can scroll through the covers too.

Hopefully this is enough to at least make v2.2 usable for touch-screen users without a keyboard/remote. And I promise in the future I will finish adding touch support to the rest of the GUI.

And with the new custom Links app/URL launcher in v2.2, you can set up a button to launch the Windows on-screen keyboard.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter