Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v2.2] Music CD Navigation Issues

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
pks

[In v2.2] Music CD Navigation Issues

Post by pks » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi Paul. I hope all is well.

It's been several weeks since I tried to play any of my ripped CDs with CMC. I think I'm on the most version of CMC (2.1.2019.0123) and if the issues I'm relating are well known to you, please disregard this post.

When I select a CD to play I get the screen that allows me to select any of the listed songs and play it. But if I elect to choose "Play Album Now" and then choose "View Song List", I get a first screen that begins to list the songs while it plays the first one on the album. If I should then choose to navigate the list using up/down, it will highlight each song I navigate to. But I cannot play the song I've highlighted with the Enter or Play buttons or any other key I've found. The only way is to navigate to the next song using the Next Chapter button. Once hit, it does advance to the next song and plays it fine, but it leaves the last song that was previously played highlighted. If I advanced to the last song on the screen by clicking Next Chapter, then click Next Chapter again, it starts playing the next song on the CD, but the screen never changes to the next page showing that song. While one is still starring at the first screen, you can then use the down button to click down, down, down, on the first screen and once at the bottom of the first screen, another down will bring you to the next screen of songs where you will see that it is playing the first song on that second screen.

Regardless of whether you've elected to play the CD song by song, or play the entire album, I would like the app to allow us to use our navigation keys to highlight the song we want, and when going beyond the last song listed on the screen, to change to the next screen and keep up with highlighting of each song I'm moving to, then allow me to hit Enter or Play to play it.

Thanks, Pete

Pauven

Re: Music CD Navigation Issues

Post by Pauven » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Hey Pete, doing great here thanks - hope you are doing well too.

Everything you described is a known limitation - I simply haven't programmed those features yet.

I did think that doing a next chapter updated the now playing list, so I'll have to double-check that, it might be a bug.

I like your suggestions for how navigation should work, and I will use that as a template when I do the programming. Thanks for sharing!

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: [In v2.2] Music CD Navigation Issues

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:34 pm

pks wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm I elect to choose "Play Album Now" and then choose "View Song List", I get a first screen that begins to list the songs while it plays the first one on the album. If I should then choose to navigate the list using up/down, it will highlight each song I navigate to. But I cannot play the song I've highlighted with the Enter or Play buttons or any other key I've found.

Hi Pete, I have added the ability to play the currently highlighted song by pressing Enter/OK to v2.2.

pks wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm Once hit, it does advance to the next song and plays it fine, but it leaves the last song that was previously played highlighted. If I advanced to the last song on the screen by clicking Next Chapter, then click Next Chapter again, it starts playing the next song on the CD, but the screen never changes to the next page showing that song. While one is still starring at the first screen, you can then use the down button to click down, down, down, on the first screen and once at the bottom of the first screen, another down will bring you to the next screen of songs where you will see that it is playing the first song on that second screen.

This is working as designed, and I'm not sure I want to change it. The highlighted row is the row you have selected, and not necessarily the song that is currently playing. As a song completes and the next song plays, it makes sense to me that the highlighted row stays where you left it, and doesn't follow the actively playing song. For example, say you were trying to select a song to play from the end of the current queue, and just then the 1st song finishes and the 2nd song plays, and your cursor/selected row jumps to the second song (since it is now playing), forcing you to scroll back down to the last song to play it. While I understand what you are suggesting, I think that would end up being frustrating to have the cursor move around on you automatically when you are trying to navigate to a song.

I have updated the 'now playing' song list to flip to the page that shows the currently playing song when you're in the menu on the left (not on the right side in Edit/Select mode), and when you go back to the right side to Edit/Select songs, the highlighted row will start with the currently playing song, though that song will stay highlighted even after it finishes and the next song starts (as described above). With this new behavior, you can quickly jump to the currently playing song by going Left to the menu and then Right to the song list.

Hopefully this compromise will work for you.

CMC v2.2 should be released in May.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter