Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Empty monitor folder causes weird situation

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Empty monitor folder causes weird situation

Post by Pauven » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Kick4U,

I've been doing some testing with <Movie> metadata files today, and adding "Movies" to MMCM.

I've noticed a few issues. One, even though it exports the <Movie> mymovies.xml file, My Movies doesn't seem to export the artwork for these "Movies". That's a real bummer.

Since I've been working on a new metadata exporter tool for My Movies, I was hopeful that I could grab the artwork from the API. Sure enough, using the Movie ID, I can grab the MoviePoster via the API, which is great, but there is a second problem: The API doesn't ever give me the Movie ID, or even list these Movies at all. The only place I can find the Movie ID is inside these mymovies.xml <Movie> files.

So my question for you is this: Do you already have artwork in your media folders along with the mymovies.xml files, or is the artwork missing for you too?

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: Empty monitor folder causes weird situation

Post by Pauven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi Kick4U,

I wanted to let you know that I've come up with a few solutions for your non-disc "Movie" collection. The solutions utilize both CMC v2.2, and a brand new tool called CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) v1.0.

Both of these are in Release Candidate stage now, and should be released publicly very soon. You will need to use both, together, to get the full solution.

CMC v2.2 includes the ability to import the mymovies.xml files with the <Movie> tag inside. It will also create a mmMovieID.txt file when it reads one of these <Movie> files.

CME v1.0 has an option to scan for the mmMovieID.txt files that CMC v2.2 will create. When it finds one of these files, it will read the Movie ID from inside, then export the Movie Poster artwork.

On the next Sync, CMC will pick up the new artwork that CME created.

Yes, I agree that the above is convoluted, but at least it works. MMCM doesn't export the artwork with the mymovies.xml file, and the My Movies API doesn't export the <Movie> metadata, only the artwork (I've reported this to Binnerup). Only with the approach above was I able to make this work.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter