Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Already Exists] Multi player support

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Teddyboy

[Already Exists] Multi player support

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:10 am

Is it possible to be able to use more then one player in CMC? The reason I’m asking this question is that the JRiver player does not except command line information for chapter/title entry points for tv episodes on DVDs. All my rips for Blu-rays and DVDs are 1:1 to a folder as file structures as they are on the disc. I have no desire to do any conversion to individual files for episodes in a series.

Everything is ripped to a central folder to my server. I don’t separate movies from tv series. I have about a dozen tv series that are a mix of blu-ray and dvd. How would I go about designating which player plays what media. Is that even possible?
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Re: Multi player support

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:17 am

Absolutely! MPC is the way to go for DVD Episodes:

image.png
image.png (291.27 KiB) Viewed 4264 times
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

Pure awesomeness! That takes care of that! I’m going to start digging into my htpc tonight after I get home from work. I’ve let it collect dust for a while. My htpc is in a hd-Plex heatsink case. I had a slot loading OOD in it but it finally died, and I decided not to replace the drive. I ordered a blank face plate to replace the slot load face plate. I think it’s easier to have a commercial stand alone player for those rare occasions that I just want to play a disc.

This is good news about multi player capabilities.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:02 am

Teddyboy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am I think it’s easier to have a commercial stand alone player for those rare occasions that I just want to play a disc.

I added an autoplay for inserted discs a couple versions back. Pop a disc in, CMC determines what kind of disc it is, and launches the player you configured for that disc type. It's eliminated the need for a stand alone player for me.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:11 am

Paul I could get another slot loading drive from Newegg at a cost of about 100-120. The drive I had installed I bought two from some eBay vendor. I tried installing the spare I was going to use for another htpc for my bedroom. It was bad as well. For now, I’ll remove the original faceplate, electronic eject button, and mounting bracket and replace with it with the new one. I can always add it back if I change my mind.

Right now I’m looking forward to installing CMC and see how it performs. To be honest, before v2.2 the biggest showstopper from implementing CMC was metadata import especially for tv series. It was just to much trouble to get it going. Now you have what looks like a good solution.

Efrain