Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

TV201 - TV Series Grouping

Instructional Step-by-Step How-To's to using CMC with My Movies
Pauven

TV201 - TV Series Grouping

Post by Pauven » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Hopefully you have already read TV101 - Introduction to TV Series & Episodes, if not, please do that now.

The first and most important step in using TV Series with MM Browser is to link your TV Series Titles to the TV Series itself in My Movies Collection Management.

Most of the time, this is automatically done for you in My Movies when you add a new Title, and you won't have to do a thing.

You can tell when a TV Series has been linked to a Title by the blue TV Series icon, circled in the screenshot below. Note, the TV Series icon will only display if the Media Type is set to TV Series.

A blue TV Series icon indicates that a TV Series has been linked to this Title.
A blue TV Series icon indicates that a TV Series has been linked to this Title.
TV201-01.jpg (169.7 KiB) Viewed 7011 times

Sometimes, the TV Series assignment is missing, indicated by the red icon:

A red TV Series icon indicates that a TV Series has NOT been linked to this Title.
A red TV Series icon indicates that a TV Series has NOT been linked to this Title.
TV201-02.jpg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 7011 times

If the TV Series is not assigned, then this Title/Disc will NOT show at all in MM Browser v1.8. This must be fixed! Luckily, this is really easy to do. Click the red icon to bring up the Lookup TV Series search box:

Use the Lookup TV Series search box to link a TV Series to a Title.
Use the Lookup TV Series search box to link a TV Series to a Title.
TV201-03.jpg (92.22 KiB) Viewed 7011 times

Simply enter the name of the TV Series in the "Title" search box and hit the Search button. My Movies will bring back a list of TV Series that match your search. You might get multiple matching results, and you will need to select the correct result from the list. Once you have the right TV Series selected, hit the Change button.

Back on the Title data, you will notice that the TV Series icon has turned blue. You're not quite done, though, as you need to hit the 'Save Title' button at the bottom.

TV Series is linked, but Title still needs to be Saved
TV Series is linked, but Title still needs to be Saved
TV201-04.jpg (294.21 KiB) Viewed 7011 times

After saving, My Movies will update the mymovies.xml files that are stored alongside your media. This is handled by a background process, so there may be a delay before this is complete. If you want quicker results, you can hit the 'Save Meta-Data' button on the top toolbar to do this update immediately.

After the mymovies.xml meta-data update is complete, you can run a Sync in MM Browser to see the new results.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter