Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Problems with v 1.8.2018.0318

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

Re: Problems with v 1.8.2018.0318

Post by Jamie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 pm

I hope that they are really working with mymovies, or mymovies working with them. I have not got a response to my post in the mymovies forum. I was thinking of getting the zappiti 4K HDR NAS player, but I think mymovies does very little for the Windows platform now and I'm not too sure of the Zappiti interface. I have seen some issues with UHD playback mentioned in another forum, not mymovies.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Have you see the $$$$ price? And it doesn't seem to be sold by the US distributor (Amazon). I agree it is a very interesting product, but yikes.

If we think that the Zappiti xml files are the path forward (and right now I think they are), I can try and mobilize the MM Browser users to get involved on the My Movies forum.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Pauven wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 pm Have you see the $$$$ price? And it doesn't seem to be sold by the US distributor (Amazon). I agree it is a very interesting product, but yikes.
Yes, The price is a major stop sign. I need to replace my drobos. They are expensive, slow and the upgrade path to a newer drobo is non-existant. Each new Drobo is incompatible with the old one. I've had one break on me, the drobo, not the drive, and sounds like another is on it's way. I think unraid is the future, but my resources have been squandered with the expense of heating my house this winter, and spring, if we ever get spring here.

I like my current setup with MMB, but the drobos are killing me.
Pauven wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 pm If we think that the Zappiti xml files are the path forward (and right now I think they are), I can try and mobilize the MM Browser users to get involved on the My Movies forum.
Yes, Binnerup needs a push. He has a habit at ignoring posts, or dropping a discussion. It's not just you or me. I see it with other mymovie users. This especially is true with windows, WMC, MMBrowser, and now zappiti.

Jamie