Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Star wars 4k UHD special features

Sales happen. And when they do, we'll post about them here. Noteworthy new releases too. And if you find the deal first, post it here so we all can benefit.
Jamie

Star wars 4k UHD special features

Post by Jamie » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Though an official date hasn't been given, this article provides information on what might be on the complete Star Wars 4K UHD discs.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-t ... 21820-1330

Jamie

Pauven

Re: Star wars 4k UHD special features

Post by Pauven » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:55 pm

While I'm glad the 4K box set is finally happening, I have a feeling I'll be skipping this one. If it was under $200, I might be interested, though my guess is we're looking at $330 minimum and probably closer to $500. That's too much for 6, maybe 7 films I would want to re-watch.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Looks like the 9 movie collection will be release on 3/31 for $250.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-t ... 21920-1030

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 am

Hopefully these won't be limited editions and will go on sale in the future.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:19 pm

I bought this off of eBay brand new for 180.00 plus tax. It was under 200 so went for it. There’s only two left now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rise-Of-Skywa ... 4473507513

250 was a bit much for the set, but the 180 was better. I love Star Wars so I think it’s worth it at that price.

I have recourse through eBay if it’s not what it’s supposed to be, but based on the feedback it looks like the real deal. My other concern is that all the discs are good. If not I’ll have to go back directly to the studio to request a replacement disc(s). I’ve had bad discs before but it doesn’t happen very often.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:32 pm

Thanks for the tip Efrain! At $180, I couldn't resist.

Though I'm confused how they have them a month before release... fingers crossed.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:11 pm

Neither could I! My local Best Buy has two copies available, so I guess they are now selling them? I know they are not supposed to have them available before the 31st. I just couldn’t pass it up. Ive been buying a lot of movies and tv series lately. Prepping for 4k. At this time I’m ripping them to my server, but I’m going to hide the 4k disc in MyMovies then export again. I’m also ripping the Blu-ray Disc which I’ll have available for playback. It’s been so long since I’ve bought any titles I went a little wild. Mixture of 4k/blu-Ray with some DVDs because some titles are either not available in blu-Ray at all or only partially. Some titles have been like that for a while. Madvr to the rescue.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:33 pm

Sky Walker Saga just shipped today! Woohoo! My Amazon shipment just arrived this afternoon. I Love Lucy DVD, Lost In Space Blu-Ray, Star Trek TOS Blu-Ray, and Ghost in the Shell 4k!

I’m hopping that the episode mappings already exists in My Movies. Other wise it’s going to be a long weekend. I’m just finishing up ripping the Munsters the complete series to my server. The episodes mappings didn’t exist that series so I had to put them in. I’m on this TV series binge right now wanting to get the stuff I used to watch when I was a kid either on Saturday mornings or what was in syndication. Feels like Christmas Paul. :)

Efrain

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 am

So how's your ripping coming along?

I received my Skywalker Saga a few days ago. It's a very impressive storage book, with great artwork. But it seems very difficult to remove the discs.

So far I've only tried the first disc, The Phantom Menace (which has a funny typo in the ISO name, MEANCE). I get impassible read errors about halfway through the disc, probably about where a layer change would be. To solve this, I'm trying a trick I used with my TENET 4K disc that had similar read issues - instead of ripping to ISO, I'm ripping to DVD Folder structure, and fingers crossed the bad section is a small file that won't matter, which I'll just skip. On TENET the bad file must have been a movie trailer or special feature or warning advisement, as the movie plays fine without that file. Though with the bad sectors cropping up halfway through the disc, I'm worried it might be in the main feature. I should know in another hour or so.

It's ridiculous to pay this much for brand new movie discs and have read issues. And unfortunately these seem more common with 4K discs.

Teddyboy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:33 pm Feels like Christmas Paul. :)
I'm happy for you, that's great. Wish it felt like Christmas for me. Instead, lately I've been facing one technical glitch after another. A good example being the disc errors above. Things that should just work, just don't. Lately it seems to be coming from all directions, including companies I've done business with. It's not that I can't work through each issue, it's just that I'm tired of dealing with it, especially when it comes all at once.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a great life and really nothing to complain about. I'm just fed up with tech that doesn't work - makes you want to take a long break from it all and go live off the grid. Though I'm pretty sure I'd be bored in 5 seconds flat...

EDIT: Apparently The Phantom Menace disc heard me complaining, and the rip to folder completed without issues. :D Go figure...

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi Paul,
I’ve been ripping like crazy. I received my set last week, but I’ve only managed to open the package. It’s in the que to be ripped to my server. I’ve had my share of disc issues with one title. Lost In Space The Complete Collection on blu-ray. I’ve never encountered a title with so many disc issues. I returned the first set to Amazon and got a replacement. Most of the errors have gone a way with the new set except for ONE disc, and it’s the same damn disc! Of course it’s right on one of the large m2ts files. I managed to find a season 3 set on eBay for $15 bucks. I’m hoping that the new disc set will solve the issue. It looks like Amazon got bad batch from the plant.

4k discs are touchy. People on the fox forum have been pulling their hair out to get some titles to rip to disc. A lot of it appears to be poor manufacturing, and some drives will have a easier time reading discs then others. I’m not looking forward to ripping my star wars discs. If I have difficulty I may try to get a replacement disc(s) from the studio. I already had one bad 4k title not rip, and I sent it back to Amazon for a replacement.

My other adventure has been dealing with episode mapping. Almost know one does it anymore plus there is no points incentive to do it either. I just finished mapping 193 episodes of I Love Lucy on DVD, LIS, Scooby Do Where are you!, The three Stooges shorts (All of them), space ghost, The Flintstones blu ray set, The jetsons, Futurama DVD set. I still have CowBoy BeBop, and Battlestar Galactica to rip and map too.

I may switch blu ray players from MPs to jriver so I can see menus so it’s point and click when the episodes don’t have the title, so I don’t have to guess and use IMDb as a reference. If jriver can show mpls numbers, it will make it so much easier. Other then that MPC is a very capable player.

I’m in the process of replacing some of my dvd collection with blu ray titles. Not all just some that are important to me. I don’t use the cases. I store them in sleeves from case logic which are stored in plastic stackable totes. I’m going to replace the case logic sleeves with disc sox from mmdesigns. It’s gonna cost a chunk of money, but if I do it in bite size chunks then it’s not so bad. I have a little over 600 titles. Some have more then two discs, so I’d have to add a disc Sox 4 pack wallet when needed. Let’s not forget the multiple tv series disc sets either nut I may just keep most of those in the actual cases that the come in.

:mrgreen: 8-)