Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v1.5.2020.0601] New User: Export Error

How-To and general support for the CMC Metadata Exporter (CME) which exports My Movies data via the My Movies API.
ScareDcrow

[Fixed in v1.5.2020.0601] New User: Export Error

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu May 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi

I have just been working through my first full export with CME and finally got a clean export (many outdated UNC paths)
As soon as I then changed to the recommended settings for ongoing changes, CME errors everytime as it gets to the TV series.
I now can't get into the settings to change anything. Attaching log and screenshot (I did add one Blueray title so you see that being exported)

Thanks
Attachments
CMC Metadata Exporter.log
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Screenshot of error.png
Screenshot of error.png (9.87 KiB) Viewed 7611 times

ScareDcrow

Re: New User: Export Error

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu May 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Sorry, new to this and posted a CME problem in CMC Support

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm

It appears that due to the error, CME is not completing the export, and in turn not opening up access to the settings.

Close (don't minimize, but close) CME, and then restart it. Before running any export, you should be able to adjust the settings. Worst case, if that doesn't work, then reboot and try again.

Hopefully you didn't configure CME to autoexport on startup... if so then the above guidance won't help, and I might have to send you into the registry to make some config changes.

Regarding the error, I haven't seen that particular one before. An Access Violation error means that CME tried to access memory that wasn't accessible, and the address 00000000000 indicates what CME was trying to access simply doesn't exist. Unfortunately, the error doesn't indicate what was being accessed, so this will require some research and troubleshooting. This seems odd, though, as you were able to do a full export, and this issue only occurred during a changes-only run - I find it surprising you were able to do a full export but that this is failing.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu May 28, 2020 2:49 pm

Unfortunately, yes I have set it to auto-start the export so I'm not getting any opportunity to change anything. I am entirely comfortable in the registry so if you can tell what to change, thats no problem.

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu May 28, 2020 2:52 pm

lol. Never mind. It was obvious enough for me

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu May 28, 2020 3:09 pm

ScareDcrow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:52 pm lol. Never mind. It was obvious enough for me
Color me impressed! 8-) Though I certainly didn't try to obscure them.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu May 28, 2020 3:15 pm

You know, someday someone's gonna see this thread while looking for the same answer, and they're going to wish I had posted the Registry path.

So for them:

Code: Select all

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ChamConSoft\Chameleon Metadata Exporter\Settings
And changing AutoStart from 1 to 0 will disable the auto-export.

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu May 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Great thinking. I'm rerunning a full export to be confident (but that takes about 3 hours).
Is there anything specific that you'd like me to look for afterwards or do (like is there a debug option to make more information logged ?)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu May 28, 2020 3:46 pm

I would definitely like to see the logged output from the Standalone TV Series export section. Post here or email to me if you don't want to publicly share.

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Thu May 28, 2020 3:52 pm

I attached the log above. It didn't say anything past "Starting Standalone TV Titles". But I can try it again after this full export