Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v3.4.2020.0601] Directory Scanning Exclusion

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
ScareDcrow

[In v3.4.2020.0601] Directory Scanning Exclusion

Post by ScareDcrow » Sun May 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi

My NAS has an automatic recycling directory at the root of each share (@Recycle) and I am wondering if we can have this excluded from the directory scanning. I could (of course) make all my folders one level deeper and supply CME/CMC with the lower level folder (i.e. \\NAS\Share\Videos instead of \\NAS\Share) to avoid this directory being scanned but that would be quite a lot of work to edit all the locations in MyMovies

Thanks

Tom

Pauven

Re: Directory Scaning Exclusion

Post by Pauven » Sun May 31, 2020 6:10 pm

You don't need to change anything in My Movies, just set the sync'd folder to \\NAS\Share\Videos in CMC. As long as the full path (i.e. \\NAS\Share\Videos\Movie\I am a movie.mp4) matches what is in My Movies, it doesn't matter where you set the root in CMC (i.e. you can do \\NAS\Share\, or \\NAS\Share\Videos\, or \\NAS\Share\Videos\Movie\).

Now, if you are saying that you don't currently have a \\NAS\Share\Videos folder, then I understand and you need a different solution.

I did program CMC to skip certain folders, like those that start with a $ sign. One option is I can have it skip directories that start with an @ sign, but I might need to do a bit of research to make sure that won't break a valid scenario. Another option is that, if you can place files in the recycle folder, you can place an empty text file named "CMC.dna" inside @Recycle, and that tells CMC to skip it (Do Not Add).

Let me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun May 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Pauven wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:10 pm One option is I can have it skip directories that start with an @ sign, but I might need to do a bit of research to make sure that won't break a valid scenario.
From what I can tell, the @ sign is not a special or reserved character, and is valid for a folder name. It's entirely possible that in the next few years someone will make a movie called "@Home", an exploratory thriller about the psychiatric effects of being quarantined at home during a pandemic.

So I can't safely exclude all directories that being with @.

Do you have a QNAP? That is the only reference I am finding to the @Recycle folder.

I think I can safely add an exclusion for "@Recycle" only.

While I think the CMC.dna file would work, I anticipate that each time the recycle bin gets cleared then the CMC.dna file gets cleared too, so the problem would keep coming back. But I don't know enough about the QNAP @Recycle folder, or if that is even what you have.

ScareDcrow

Post by ScareDcrow » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:04 am

Yes its a QNAP :-) and as you say, if I add a file, it will keep on being removed

Pauven

Re: [In v3.4.2020.0601] Directory Scaning Exclusion

Post by Pauven » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 am

I've added an exclusion for directories named @Recycle. This will be in CMC v3.4.2020.0601, which I am releasing later today.

Pauven

Re: [In v3.4.2020.0601] Directory Scaning Exclusion

Post by Pauven » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:12 pm

CMC v3.4.2020.0601 is now available.