Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v1.9] Music playback

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
modenwalder

Re: [In v1.9] Music playback

Post by modenwalder » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Paul - Just saw the Music Playback options today (apologies for inattentiveness - been binging on Fire TV lately). Fortunately my music was correctly organized and was easily added. Looking forward to Playlists being available. I have to say this is more than I ever expected. Fantastic job - its media center the way it should have been.

One thing I did notice while playing around with the new features is that if I start in Music Mode my Video library is also displayed until I go to the top and re-select Music. Also in Music Mode if I hit the OK button while on the Album - Artist - Genres bar Chameleon displays the details of the last selected (or perhaps first in list) video from my video library. I found this because muscle memory made me think select rather than navigate to choose the option. A simple exit rectifies this but I thought I would point it out.

All in all I am a very happy camper today. Thanks for the great work.
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Thank you modenwalder, your thoughts are very much appreciated.

That's a very good catch on the movie details popping up when pressing enter on the music menu bar. I do recall seeing that earlier in testing, but somehow it didn't make it to my fix-list. To be honest I make a very bad tester, as I know how things are supposed to work and I 'color inside the lines'. I always need users who color outside the lines to find my mistakes and keep me honest. Thank you!

Can I have you confirm what version you are running. The video library showing when starting in music mode issue you describe was observed in earlier beta versions of 1.9, and I thought we had that resolved for 1.9 final. If you are seeing these issues with 2.0, then this is the very first report. I've just tested, and I can't recreate in v2.0.

Also, if you can grab a screenshot showing the problem, that will help me troubleshoot.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Paul,

If you press enter on Albums or any Music menu item you can replicate one of the issues. I noticed this in 1.9 testing but got use to doing it the right way. Also, if you press enter on the Music note to change from Movies to Music, and the Movie icon to change from Music to Movies, the same thing happens. That one slipped through the cracks too.

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Paul - Screenshots supplied in separate email along with the steps to re-produce issue at my end. Let me know if more is needed.
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Jamie wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm Also, if you press enter on the Music note to change from Movies to Music, and the Movie icon to change from Music to Movies, the same thing happens. That one slipped through the cracks too.
Yike's, didn't know about that one, thanks!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Michael, by any chance do you have "Auto-run SmartSync on every program start" set to Enabled on the Movie Settings?

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Paul,

Yes I do. Take a look at the screenshots of my settings and it is definitely enabled. Should I turn that off?

Disregard question. I re-read your email. Looking forward to the fix.
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Doh, already forgot you send the settings screenshots, my bad.

This actually turned into a really really good bugfix. I've been thinking about making the movie sync a background process, and now it is!

By enabling the Auto-run of the Move SmartSync, and then starting in Music Library mode, the movie SmartSync still happens at startup, only you don't have to watch it. You can browse your music collection, listen to some tunes, pretty much anything to waste whatever time the SmartSync takes, and then when you flip over to the Movie Library you're good to go.

I did have to make a few tweaks to the code to get the above to work seamlessly, but it's really cool now that it works.

I'll go ahead and push out 2.0.2018.1029.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Heads up, you'll probably need to start in movie mode to successfully complete the upgrade, either that or disable the Auto-run SmartSync.

I just tested the upgrade myself, and I wasn't able to do it from 2.0.2018.1028 when starting in Music Library mode with Auto-run SmartSync enabled.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Correction, you need to disable the Auto-run SmartSync, it causes problems in both Movie and Music mode.

You should be able to do it through the menu, even with the upgrade prompt in the way, but if not you can edit the CMC.cfg file, and change AutoScan=True to AutoScan=False.

Sorry for the trouble. I don't use the autoscan myself, so it isn't as well tested. I didn't realize it was causing problems with the upgrade prompts.