Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[In v1.9] Music playback

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
modenwalder

Re: [In v1.9] Music playback

Post by modenwalder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am

Hi Paul,

I installed the fix without any issues as I disabled autoscan in the .cfg file and the music library now displays correctly on startup.

However, now the scan of my video library is only displaying 87 of some 275 titles. I have tried forcing the scan and deleted the folders and re-added them (made issue worse as fewer titles now showing). Not sure what has happened but something about the video library scan appears to be broken. I have made no changes to MyMovies for a week or so, so hopefully that is not the issue. I am out for a few hours so will check when I return to see what if any info I can provide.
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Well, that's not ideal.

I double-checked my test machines, and everything seems okay here.

Just trying to think outside the box. Here's a few possibilities:
  • You may have incorrectly edited the CMC.cfg file, accidentally modifying the value for one of your scanned folders. You can delete all your folders in Settings, then re-add them. That will ensure they are all there and properly formatted.
  • You may have changed your default Watched/Unwatched setting, changing it from Show All to Show Unwatched Only on program startup.
  • You may have had a drive/NAS go offline.
You can also look at the first lines of the CMC_MovieDB.xml file, it will show the total title count (which is also useful for comparing back to My Movies).

Let me know what you find, and if you need more help.

Also, check if starting in Movie mode makes a difference on the sync results.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Paul,

I have checked everything you suggested and none appear to be the issue. As I started to write this I had a thought. As I added the folders back,re-scanning after each, it got to 101 and stopped. Have I lost my license?

Isn't there a limit on the unlicensed free version of 100? If that could be the case do I just need to re-activate?

I tried Activating and it told me the license was in use. I am stumped. Seems next step is to uninstall and reinstall. Any other thoughts?
Last edited by modenwalder on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:50 pm

What does it show on the top-right of the settings screen, 'Activate' or 'DeActivate'?

If it is Activate, please select that and let me know what happens.

Well, let me know regardless. I just made some tweaks to the license management configuration today to make the licenses for Chameleon MediaCenter instead of MM Browser - I hope I didn't break something.

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:56 pm

It says activate and when I select that it tells me the license I entered is already in use. I edited post above with this and thoughts. Used the online activation option in case that matters.
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm

You just have the 1 license and 1 PC right?

If so, it looks like it somehow got out of sync, as it is showing currently activated. This would normally happen if you reinstalled the OS, though I suppose other things could have caused this too.

If so, I can deactivate on my end so you can reactivate on your end.

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Pauven wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm You just have the 1 license and 1 PC right?

If so, it looks like it somehow got out of sync, as it is showing currently activated. This would normally happen if you reinstalled the OS, though I suppose other things could have caused this too.

If so, I can deactivate on my end so you can reactivate on your end.
I do have a single license on a single PC and rebuilt the media center PC to it current configuration a couple of weeks ago and had to re-license and re-activate Windows. Would that have cause the problem? Regardless, please do de-activate my license and I will reactivate and re-scan. I bet that is my problem. Wonder why this didn't rear its ugly head yesterday!!!!

Let me know when I am good to go if you don't mind and sorry to be such a pest!
Regards - Michael O

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm

You're no pest at all, I'm always happy to help my fellow users.

Yes, the reinstall of windows blew away the activation key that lives in the Windows registry. You can do a DeActivate first before reinstalling Windows, or to move your key to another PC. Otherwise, you have to contact me for help, which you did.

If you had copied over your database, the problem probably didn't show up until you resynced.

Regardless, I have deactivated you key. You can now reactivate. By the way, I did test this a few minutes ago, and activations are still working, but it will still say MM Browser instead of Chameleon MediaCenter… that's something else I have to update.

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Muchas Gracias! Will go and do that now and let you know.

All is well and I am a happy camper. Thanks so much for all of your help!
Regards - Michael O

modenwalder

Post by modenwalder » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Paul,
Was moving Music directory and having to let WMP redo all of the metadata and I noticed what may be a small bug in the Music Playback Feature. If you start Music Playback directly none of the tabs at the top are present except the ability to switch to Movies. If you switch to Movies and come Back to Music the Setup, Sync, and Exit items are present. It's only on the direct entry that they do not appear to be rendered and present.

Not a big deal but I know you are a perfectionist!!!!
Regards - Michael O