Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Planned] Feature request [Kodi nfo metadata support]

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
jespermart

[Planned] Feature request [Kodi nfo metadata support]

Post by jespermart » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:38 am

I'm able to import my movies from my NAS and play them without mymovies.xml. Would it not be possible to make CMC import kodi nfo files from ember media manager or tinymediamanager as metadata to CMC instead of mymovies.xml

Regards Jesper

Pauven

Re: Feature request

Post by Pauven » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Jesper,

Yes, this would be possible, and is something I have considered implementing. I have decided that before supporting other metadata formats, I will finish implementing the mymovies.xml files 100%. I'm really close, as mymovies.xml files are about 98-99% fully supported now, though I do have a few small data elements left to implement - these should be done soon.

Once mymovies.xml files are fully implemented (at least, according to my vision - there's a lot of extra data in those files that I've decided are not needed), then I will turn my attention to supporting other metadata formats. Kodi nfo files are high on my list.

Now, since other metadata files may not have as much data, the end result will likely be different than using the mymovies.xml data. It's too early for me to say exactly what the differences will be, but likely a lot of the extra movie details like video details, audio tracks, subtitles, etc. will be missing.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter