Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[RESOLVED] Missing titles and tv series

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

Re: Missing titles and tv series

Post by Pauven » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:55 am

ricardo8369 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am It won't let me do what you say, as it's asking me to add my Farscape folder.
Typically, I browse to the folder where the ISO for Season 1 Disc 1 is located.

ricardo8369 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:42 am it won't do this
It will if you do it correctly.

I've extensively detailed the problem above, and went the extra mile to provide instructions on how to use My Movies, which is not even my product. CME & CMC will work correctly once you've corrected your My Movies data.

Ultimately, this is a My Movies issue. From what I've seen from the logs, you are not following Binnerup's guidelines for using My Movies: https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written- ... ation.aspx

If you cannot get My Movies to work correctly, you should use the Binnerup My Movies forum for help: https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=topics&f=2

I certainly understand how frustrating My Movies can be to use. My Movies is a lot of work to configure. I hope you are able to figure it out and get it working correctly.

If you give up, and decide it is not worth the effort, and you want a refund for CMC, just let me know.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:57 am

don't know why mine comes up different to yours??
Attachments
Farscape4.PNG
Farscape4.PNG (134.67 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Farscape5.PNG
Farscape5.PNG (178.43 KiB) Viewed 3925 times

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Wish my older brother hadn't gone to the U.S, (no offence) as he would help me. He knows alot more about computer programs, etc than I do.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:22 pm

ricardo8369 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:57 am don't know why mine comes up different to yours??

Looks like you are simply clicking on the wrong row. Click the row with the disc icon:

image.png
image.png (265.48 KiB) Viewed 3918 times

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:28 pm

clicked it Twice

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Got it now

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Well still having problems, but this is strange. Got The PeaceKeeper Wars and that's not even added to the list.
Attachments
Farscape7.PNG
Farscape7.PNG (1.79 MiB) Viewed 3915 times
Farscape8.PNG
Farscape8.PNG (197.29 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:43 pm

I have an idea. I'll just use movies on your program CMC and as I have another desktop with Windows 8.1 on it, I'll use that for the Tv series.
Problem solved (hopefully).

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:59 pm

I still have some movies not showing up for some reason, don't know why??? Can we try to solve this next week? Cheers, Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:13 pm

ricardo8369 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:03 pm Well still having problems, but this is strange. Got The PeaceKeeper Wars and that's not even added to the list.
Most likely what has happened is that Season 5 data got exported previously by CME, even though they are no longer in your collection data.

Those exported metadata files are probably still sitting in your directories, and when you sync with CMC it doesn't know that those files are obsolete and not to use them. They need to be deleted. It's easier than it sounds, as I have built a tool into CME to do most of the work for you.

Do the following:

CME Metadata Cleanup
  • In CME go to Settings > CME Metadata Cleanup
  • Check the box for "Delete mmTitle.xml / mmSeries.xml / mmEpisode.xml"
  • Click "Add Folder", and add your main Farscape folder. In my screenshot below, I I added "Blue Planet II" because I don't have Farscape.
  • Click "Test Clean Now"
image.png
image.png (258.77 KiB) Viewed 3909 times

A new window will open and will log what will be deleted. It's not actually deleting anything yet, it's just showing you what it will do if you do it for real. It should look similar to this, but probably a lot longer since your Farscape collection is much bigger:

image.png
image.png (102.47 KiB) Viewed 3909 times

All of those mmTitle.xml, mmSeries.xml, and mmEpisode.xml files are created by CME, so they are safe to let CME delete them for you. If you are okay with the test run, then close the pop-up window and:
  • Uncheck "Test Clean Only (Do Not Delete)"
  • The "Test Clean Now" button should change to "Clean Now"
  • Click "Clean Now"
  • Close the pop-up window once the cleaner is finished

Re-Export Farscape
Next you need to re-export Farscape. Just as you did before, make sure that "Export Changes Only" on the "CME Metadata Export" tab is NOT checked, and Save/Close the settings. Then type Farscape into the text box, and click Run Export.

Full Sync in CMC
Now that you've removed the old, bad metadata, and exported fresh, good metadata, you need to rebuild your collection in Chameleon MediaCenter. In CMC, just run a Full Sync.