Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Partially in v2.2] Mouse support

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
michael1

Re: Mouse support

Post by michael1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Hi Paul,
I have already checked that the settings screen (which supports mouse) can be touch-controlled on my tablet. Therefore not only for mouse devices but also for touchscreen devices this would be a cool feature 8-)
Today I have posted another request "Regarding Online Services" where the user would leave CMC for a internet site, and return to CMC afterwards. Having mouse support this would be completly seamless.
I think this is an hugh effort for programming and testing, but just wanted to share my thoughts on it and i would love to see mouse support.. :mrgreen:

Pauven

Re: [Partially in v2.2] Mouse support

Post by Pauven » Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm

lovehtpc wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:39 am Hi there,

I *was* a long time MyMovies user until i upgraded to win10... for the past ~2-3 years, i have been patiently waiting for an alternative to arrive and am so glad you guys are building this new front end!

For our HTPC setup, we use a combination of Gyration air mouse and Logitech K400r pad/keyboard to control the HTPC instead of using the remote. Without mouse support, our two primary methods of controlling MM browser are almost useless. Using the arrows on the keyboard is one way to have the wife say no thank you :lol: :!:

For those of us who don't use a remote control but rather use HTPC aligned keyboards/mice, i strongly implore you to include mouse control in a future update.

Thanks again for a great product! 8-)

I'm happy to report that v2.2 now includes significant support for using a mouse or touch-screen for a lot of the GUI.

Pretty much all of the menus are now mouse/touch enabled, and with an optional on-screen remote, you can now use mouse/touch to navigate all of the CMC GUI.

This will get even better in the future, as I have yet to add mouse/touch to the Movie/CD covers themselves - sorry, that task was just too big for this development window, so it will be added in a future release.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

lovehtpc

Re: [Partially in v2.2] Mouse support

Post by lovehtpc » Mon May 27, 2019 11:47 am

I am EXTREMELY excited to test version 2.2 and the mouse support. Thank you for considering the request and all of your work to add it! 8-)