Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved in v4.1] extra discs showing up in CMC which are not related to the title

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

[Resolved in v4.1] extra discs showing up in CMC which are not related to the title

Post by Jamie » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi Paul,

I have several titles in CMC which have discs that do not belong to the title that I am trying to play. I used CCC to import the titles. Some discs were fixed when I deleted he cmc DB bin file and ran the entire import. Some discs were fixed by importing from scratch but others had discs that belong to other titles still.

I still have 3 titles that appear with these extraneous discs. I check the MM CM which looks fine to me and I did a few other investigative procedures and the MM data looks fine. One disc, Mr Magoos Christmas shows the correct path on the Choose to play screen, but when I click play CMC mounts the title 1941 and plays the 1941 disc.

Here is a picture of the screen I'm talking about.
Mr magoo CMC.jpg
Mr magoo CMC.jpg (375.19 KiB) Viewed 3803 times
Here is what I see in MM CM
Mr magoo mm cm.jpg
Mr magoo mm cm.jpg (695.49 KiB) Viewed 3798 times
Attachments
creed mm cm.jpg
creed mm cm.jpg (684.04 KiB) Viewed 3803 times

Pauven

Re: extra discs showing up in CMC which are not related to the title

Post by Pauven » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Enable debug logging, select a random title and press * twice to toggle the Watchlist status on and back off, turn off debug, and zip and email the CMC_MovieDB.XML file.

Also, while debug logging is on, try to play Mr Magoo, and include the debug playclick log file too.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:22 am

Jamie, I got the emailed files, thank you.

Question - does the problem only occur for titles that include a period in the name? For example, "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol - Bluray" has a period after Mr.

I think my disc location validation logic is falsely identifying the folder as a file because there's a period in the name, and everything after the period looks like a really long file extension.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:46 pm

You seem to have hit the nail on it's head. All the ;problem discs appear to have a ".". "Mr.magoo", "Mr, Peabody". Should we state that this is an invalid filename and move on? Do you have a list of invalid file characters that should not be used????? One "Mr magoo" works and that one doesn't have a period in the location name. amazing my movies didn't choke on this!!!

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm

No, this is just a bug in CMC. I've replicated it in my collection. No way I'm going to rename all these folders, so I'll definitely fix it.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi Paul,

I fixed the locations on unraid, and MM CM. I then did an automatic import. I thought that was the way to do a smart sync in CCC? It just displayed the titles fixed so I thought I was okay.

When I went into cmc I did a smart sync. When that was completed I went to the "Mr Magoo" titles. I noticed that I had two disc records each. One record had the ".". the other was fixed. I know that a full import will fix the problem. Is that what I really need to do, or Is the smart import done differently?
Extra disc record on CCC auto export .jpg
Extra disc record on CCC auto export .jpg (356.99 KiB) Viewed 3784 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Okay, I have fixed the bug with regards to a period being in the directory name. The irony here is that I was looking at this code just last week, and thought to myself that it would probably fail if there was a period in the name. I should have fixed it right then and there, but wanted to test to make sure it was broken first - you just beat me to the testing. The fix will be in RC2.

Jamie wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:44 pm When I went into cmc I did a smart sync.
Just a tip: Each time you open CMC, it does an Auto-Sync (which will be either a SmartSync or a Full Sync, depending upon what CCC has to say has changed). So you didn't need to do a SmartSync. You didn't hurt anything, you're just working harder than you need to. After years of using CMC and syncing, these old habits may be hard to break.

Jamie wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:44 pm I fixed the locations on unraid, and MM CM. I then did an automatic import. I thought that was the way to do a smart sync in CCC? It just displayed the titles fixed so I thought I was okay.
By fixed, I think you mean you updated the directory name to remove the period, yes? (You shouldn't have to do that anymore with RC2). Yes, in CCC you just run the "Start Auto-Export Jobs", which is a changes only export.

Jamie wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:44 pm I noticed that I had two disc records each. One record had the ".". the other was fixed. I know that a full import will fix the problem. Is that what I really need to do, or Is the smart import done differently?
Well, that was unexpected. I don't think I've ever tested this scenario before. I would have expected the existing "Disc 1" entry to be updated, not for a second entry to appear.

Just to make sure - can you double-check in MMCM that there is only a single disc listed for that title?

If only a single disc, then please do the following:

In CMC, do a Full Sync, and check if that solves the issue.

If not, then in CCC, type the disc title into the search box and do a Full Export. It will only export that one title, appending it to your DB instead of starting from scratch. Then do a Full Sync in CMC and see if that solves the issue.

If the issue still isn't resolved, clear the search box and do a Full Export in CCC and let that run for several hours to completion, then check in CMC if it is resolved.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm Okay, I have fixed the bug with regards to a period being in the directory name. The irony here is that I was looking at this code just last week, and thought to myself that it would probably fail if there was a period in the name. I should have fixed it right then and there, but wanted to test to make sure it was broken first - you just beat me to the testing. The fix will be in RC2.

That's good news
Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm Just a tip: Each time you open CMC, it does an Auto-Sync (which will be either a SmartSync or a Full Sync, depending upon what CCC has to say has changed). So you didn't need to do a SmartSync. You didn't hurt anything, you're just working harder than you need to. After years of using CMC and syncing, these old habits may be hard to break.
Jamie wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:44 pm I fixed the locations on unraid, and MM CM. I then did an automatic import. I thought that was the way to do a smart sync in CCC? It just displayed the titles fixed so I thought I was okay.
I removed the "." from the Disc location
Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm Just to make sure - can you double-check in MMCM that there is only a single disc listed for that title?
MMCM is fine.

If only a single disc, then please do the following:
Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm In CMC, do a Full Sync, and check if that solves the issue.
No change
Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm If not, then in CCC, type the disc title into the search box and do a Full Export. It will only export that one title, appending it to your DB instead of starting from scratch. Then do a Full Sync in CMC and see if that solves the issue.
No Change
Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:05 pm If the issue still isn't resolved, clear the search box and do a Full Export in CCC and let that run for several hours to completion, then check in CMC if it is resolved.
this worked but I took the added precaution of deleting the CCC db first

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Okay, thanks.

In the future, please refrain from manually deleting any files. I need to make sure that the built-in solutions work.

Also, the CCC Movie DB contains the User DB, so if you delete one you delete both! I do keep an extra copy of the UserDB as a separate file, so that if you accidentally delete the Movie DB then you don't throw away the User info with it, which would be really bad as that is also where all the watched title history and watchlists are stored.

So from now on, no deleting of any bin files when using CCC.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:20 pm

I expected that the full export would clean up the previous db and start from scratch, but I know it would take 3 - 4 hours to run and I wanted to prove the theory that the old data was being kept and added too. I was playing around with the title Creed and now realize that I deleted the "." in the location field. I got it working after running CCC from scratch. I did this last night. You properly instructed me about the "." which gave me the full picture. I knew that we had 2 issues which I thought would be better served if they were approached one at a time. I did retest today.

Thanks for you help