Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved in v4.1] extra discs showing up in CMC which are not related to the title

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jamie

Re: extra discs showing up in CMC which are not related to the title

Post by Jamie » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Pauven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:01 pm
In the future, please refrain from manually deleting any files. I need to make sure that the built-in solutions work.
After removing the "." from several files on unraid and in the MM CM. I did a "Full Import Now" When it finished the titles appeared
properly and I was able to mount & play the discs in CMC. I did not have to delete any DB files and will refrain from doing so in the future.

Jamie
period removed - full export.jpg
period removed - full export.jpg (385.24 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:48 pm

Have you tried RC2 yet? It has the fix for periods in the folder name.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm

working on RC2. Added a period to one Mr Magoo disc. Duplicate disc occurred so that I have to run full import. I'll let you know my findings when the import is finished.

Jamie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:03 pm

Periods inside the MM disc location field work fine now. I tested a couple of titles which I reverted back to having periods in the disc path. No problem mounting and playing each disc.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 am

Thanks so much for testing Jamie.

I checked my code to see why the disc duplicates. That is a bug/feature in CMC & CCC. When importing disc data from the My Movies XML data, CMC/CCC check to see if the filepath location was previously imported. If it finds it, CMC/CC updates the previous entry, but otherwise brings in the data as a new disc.

I hadn't considered how this would behave with intentional filepath changes, like renaming your folders to remove the period, or what klpaint just went through with migrating to a new server with a new server name in all his filepaths. I see now that my code identifies these are new discs, and appends them to previous disc entries, and you end up with duplicates.

I think the fix is pretty simple, to just null out the old disc data before importing new disc data. I'm a little concerned, since my code was designed to work this way due to a mymovies.xml data flaw - it would only list the discs in the XML file up to the disc number you were exporting for.

For example, if you had a 3 disc title, with each disc in a different folder, then disc 1's mymovies.xml file would only list disc 1, while disc 2 would list 1 and 2, and disc 3 would list all 3. With folder scanning, I could never be sure which folder would be read last, so if I nulled out the disc info each time I read in the mymovies.xml data, and happened to import disc 1 last, then CMC would lose discs 2 & 3.

That's not a problem with CCC, so I think I can make a code change for CCC only to null out the discs and re-import them every time, which should solve that bug you found. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter