Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[FIXED in v5.0] CCC not working

Chameleon CentralController (CCC) is used to export My Movies metadata directly to CMC's Movie DB, and manage User Accounts and Parental Restrictions, and tracks Watch History and WatchLists on a per-user basis.
RKEP

Re: CCC not working

Post by RKEP » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi Paul

I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this, I will take onboard this info and have a look at the way I do things.

Issue 1 tho was not just about TV series, Lets disregard TV.

Any movie boxset is okay in Movies and All Media (example Herbie IMG 006) But if I change this box set to Documentary or Other Media it is not displaying as a box set just individual titles (IMG 007) but is still a boxset in All Media (IMG 008). The point I am trying to make is if for example if I made a home movie boxset and put it in other media it will display as individual titles instead of a boxset.

Before this update this never happened so if you are displaying boxsets your end, and not what I am experiencing do you think I should try uninstalling everything and starting again?

Best Regards

Richard
Attachments
006.JPG
006.JPG (214.05 KiB) Viewed 6721 times
007.JPG
007.JPG (119.38 KiB) Viewed 6721 times
008.JPG
008.JPG (263.77 KiB) Viewed 6721 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 pm

RKEP wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:16 pm Issue 1 tho was not just about TV series, Lets disregard TV.
Okay, I gotcha. That will be a code change.

I made a change with v4.0 to by default turn off box sets except for All Media Types, TV Series, and the brand new Collections categories. This was partly to address a support issue that constantly bubbles up - paraphrasing: "Where are my movies? The # of movies in CMC is far lower than in My Movies". I honestly got tired of explaining how Box Sets (and now Movie Collections) reduce that number. So my answer was to turn off Box Set collation in Movies, Music, Documentaries, and Other.

Then a user complained that they wanted the old behavior back. So I added a toggle to 'Use Box Sets in "Movies" View', but I only one programmed this for Movies, not thinking about the other views. So I'll make a change for the next version to expand this toggle to work for all views.

Until that time, you can use the Show Collections to see these in Box Set form.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi Paul

That's great, it's good to know I'm not making a mess of everything. Looking fwd to the update. As always awesome job, thanks

Best Regards

Richard

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:29 pm

Hi Paul

I haven't seen any difference in my boxsets. Harry Potter, Rambo.... I did go through a lot of trouble creating the boxsets and I would be unhappy to see them disappear which they have not done. The same with TV series boxsets. Maybe I use the boxset designation differently which you did program for, so maybe I am setting them up the way you anticipated the boxset designation would be created?

Jamie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:48 pm

I see what is going on now. You need to select disc type or a specific Genre like action, Horror ... I could go either way on this, but I will leave it up to you. Sorry for not seeing the big picture at first. I haven't had time to recreate my specific menu that I created a while back. I have been relying on my keyboard and sort method to find my titles and not using your search methods in the menu.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Hey Jamie,

For regular movies, I don't expect you would see any difference. When viewing "Show All Media Types", if they are in a Box Set they will be collapsed inside the Box Set, and you have to open the Box Set to see the individual titles. Then, if you change to "Show Movies", by default CMC will show individual titles and hide the box set - but this is configurable in the settings to make it collapse just like in "Show All Media Types".

The issue Richard brought up is that I failed to make it configurable to collapse the Box Sets for the other media types, Music, Documentaries, and Other. Your Box Sets that you mentioned, Harry Potter and Rambo, would never show in Music/Docs/Other anyway, which is why you don't see this particular limitation.

As I wrote earlier in the thread, I made this CMC behavioral change when I added the new "Show Collections" option. With both "Show All" and "Show Collections" both collapsing Box Sets, I thought it would be wise to have the default behavior of the other types to show individual titles instead of collapsing inside Box Sets (or Movie Collections), as a frequent support request I get is that users can't find some of their movies (just had two of these in the past week, haha), and sometimes the issue is that a movie is hiding inside a Box Set or Movie Collection. And one of the Movie Collections I created, "The Academy Award Best Picture Winners", collapses about 80 year's worth of Oscar Winners into a single Movie Collection, and I feared users wouldn't be able to find some of these films and think there was an issue, and would forget to look inside that set.

Hope that explains it.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm

Thanks for clarifying. I guess it is impossible to make everyone happy. I find that you do your best to do that and I think that is what counts.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Pauven wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 pm
RKEP wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:16 pm Issue 1 tho was not just about TV series, Lets disregard TV.
Okay, I gotcha. That will be a code change.

I made a change with v4.0 to by default turn off box sets except for All Media Types, TV Series, and the brand new Collections categories. This was partly to address a support issue that constantly bubbles up - paraphrasing: "Where are my movies? The # of movies in CMC is far lower than in My Movies". I honestly got tired of explaining how Box Sets (and now Movie Collections) reduce that number. So my answer was to turn off Box Set collation in Movies, Music, Documentaries, and Other.

Then a user complained that they wanted the old behavior back. So I added a toggle to 'Use Box Sets in "Movies" View', but I only one programmed this for Movies, not thinking about the other views. So I'll make a change for the next version to expand this toggle to work for all views.

Until that time, you can use the Show Collections to see these in Box Set form.
Sorry for the long delay. This has been fixed in v5.0, coming out on Halloween.