Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

MCE remote not working to close programs

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
MikeA

Re: MCE remote not working to close programs

Post by MikeA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:03 pm

Paul
Having problems again with mapping MCE remote buttons. Neither of the mappings sticks after restarting CMC in Administrator mode. The hot key to start CMC (ctrl-alt-8) does work.
I had this working fine with my RC6 remote (the one with the large green button with the multi-color windows logo) and a compatible receiver I purchased.
'However, it stopped working 2-3 months ago and I can't figure out what is going wrong. The only difference from the info I provided earlier is that my computer reports it is now using Windows 10 version 19042.1526, and not the version 19042.1415 that it reported earlier. I thought I had turned off autoupdating in Windows, since no new OS updates have been installed in my computer recently, but 19042-1526 did slip through. 19042.1415 was released on December 14, 2021, and 19042.1526 was released on February 8, 2022. The most current version of Windows 10 is now apparently 19042.1767, released June 20, 2022.
Is there a known problem with 19042-1526 or later versions with respect to button mapping?
Also, the Windows Feature Experience Pack is now shown as 120.2212.4170.0, and not the 120.2212.3920.0 shown earlier. Not sure if this matters.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 pm

Hey Mike, the seasonal Windows updates are famous for resetting the remote config back to Windows defaults, common issue, nothing new there.

After starting CMC in Admin mode, you have to go to the remote config page and click the button to update the registry.

Let me know how it goes.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

MikeA

Post by MikeA » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:01 pm

Paul
That worked. I thought you just had to reboot in admin mode, and wasn't doing the
registry sync while in admin mode.
Your integration of several different apps (CMC, MyMovies, PowerDVD, AnyDVD, etc...) is amazing. The only thing I felt I needed to
do was to add a background app that made the cursor disappear after a short wait since it often got 'stuck' on the screen somewhere,
which was annoying when watching a movie and the mouse wasn't easily available to move it.
screen.
Thanks again for the great support.
Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 pm

Please share what app you used to hide the cursor.

A while back I added cursor hiding to CMC, but I had trouble getting it to reappear reliably. I ended up disabling my code.

It never occurred to me to use a dedicate app.

MikeA

Post by MikeA » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:06 pm

Paul
I use a program that is called AutoHideMouseCursor by Nenad Hrg. It has worked flawlessly for me and runs in the background. After a few seconds (the delay is programmable as I recall) the cursor disappears while using any app and doesn't reappear until you access the mouse.
Not sure how easy it would be to incorporate into CMC.
Mike

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:57 pm

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the info.

Not sure I would incorporate it. I simply might use it myself. :D

Maybe one day I'll try again to get my code to work.