Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Help with Music Library and MPC-BE DVD Error

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Jay95

Help with Music Library and MPC-BE DVD Error

Post by Jay95 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:33 am

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could help with two (probably very simple) unrelated problems I'm having.

Music Library - I have a about 20 music albums saved in E:\Music, I have told CMC where the music is located, and I have read the 'How to use the new music library' tutorial here https://chamconsoft.com/cmc/forums/?w3= ... YmdD04MQ==

But for the life of me I can't actually find where the music library is in CMC!! The tutorial says 'To access the Music Library, from the MM Browser main screen, arrow up until the Mode Switch Panel drops down from the top edge of the screen. Here you can select either the Movie Library on the left, or the Music Library on the right.' But what is 'MM' and where is it? I've tried every arrow up option in CMC, but nothing. If I click 'Show Music' in CMC I only see music DVD's. I've run a full synch many times....

The second problem I'm having is trying to play DVD files (TS IFO format files) with MPC-BE. MPC-BE will play the files directly with no problems, but if I allocate MPC-BE to play DVD's in CMC and select the DVD movie from CMC I get an error 'Unable to run "" "E:\Movies\Zombieland - Double Tap (Australia)" /dvd /fullscreen /play /close'.

I checked the error log and I get the following error from trying to play the DVD in CMC.

*** BEGIN OF PLAYCLICK DEBUG LOG ***
Disc Number=0
Disc Location=E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia)
Disc Type=dtDVD
Container=ctDVDFolder
Validating Disc Location: E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia)
Path is not a network device.
DVD Folder Exists: E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia)\VIDEO_TS
Player=MPCBE
Player Commandline= "E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia)" /dvd /fullscreen /play /close
Launching 'Media Player Classic'
*** END OF PLAYCLICK DEBUG LOG ***

To me it looks like CMC finds the DVD files in folder E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia)\VIDEO_TS, but then CMC tells MPC-BE to play the files that are in folder E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia). Notice the missing '\VIDEO_TS' in the folder path. So MPC-BE errors because there are no DVD files in E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia), because they are located in E:\Movies\Zombieland- Double Tap (Australia)\VIDEO_TS.

I have saved moved from Win7/Media Centre/My Movies, to now Win10/CMC and over the last 10 years backed up my DVD collection of over 1,000 DVD's! I hope I don't need to manually update path details for over 1,000 DVD's? :(

Any help with these two problems?

Thanks

Pauven

Re: Help with Music Library and MPC-BE DVD Error

Post by Pauven » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi Jay95,
Jay95 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:33 am 'To access the Music Library, from the MM Browser main screen, arrow up until the Mode Switch Panel drops down from the top edge of the screen. Here you can select either the Movie Library on the left, or the Music Library on the right.' But what is 'MM' and where is it?
LOL, sorry about that. MM Browser is the original name of Chameleon Media Center. I thought I had removed all those old references, but looks like you found one. MM Browser = CMC. :D

Just keep arrowing up, beyond the top menu, there's a hidden menu that drops down. Go to the music notes icon, and that's the Music Library. Alternatively, you can use a keyboard shortcut. ALT+M jumps to the Music Library, and ALT+F jumps back to the Movie Library (F is for Films).

Once there, do a Sync (it's separate from the Movie Library Sync), and then your music should show up.

Regarding MPC-BE playback, the first thing to do is to verify the CMC sees MPC-BE. Go to Settings > Licensing & About CMC > Show Video Player Info. This should create a pop-up showing what players CMC can find on your PC:

image.png
image.png (18.33 KiB) Viewed 1126 times

I think this is your issue, because you pasted this:
Jay95 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:33 am I get an error 'Unable to run "" "E:\Movies\Zombieland - Double Tap (Australia)" /dvd /fullscreen /play /close'
Notice that after Unable to run there's a pair of double-quotes with nothing inside, that normally points to your MPC executable. Since it's blank there, I believe that means MPC is not being detected on your PC. MPC should be auto-detected each time CMC starts up - if you installed MPC while CMC was running, then you would have to restart CMC. Otherwise, if CMC still won't see where MPC is located, please share the path to your MPC exe.

I reviewed the log file, thanks for sharing, and the command line being passed to MPC-BE looks correct. Compare your log to my log playing a DVD:

Code: Select all

Disc Number=0
Disc Location=\\Tower\DVDs\Dream Horse\DREAM_HORSE
Disc Type=dtDVD
Container=ctUnknown
Validating Disc Location: \\Tower\DVDs\Dream Horse\DREAM_HORSE
  Checking if network device "Tower" is online.
    "Tower" is online.
    "Tower" is NOT configured for Wake on LAN for Playback, skipping Share Online validation.
  Scanning Folder:  \\Tower\DVDs\Dream Horse\DREAM_HORSE
    Found VIDEO_TS folder, setting Container Type to DVDFolder
Player=MPCBE
Player Commandline= "\\Tower\DVDs\Dream Horse\DREAM_HORSE" /dvd /fullscreen /play /close
Launching 'Media Player Classic'
In my log there were a few extra steps, because my movie is on the network, and the Container was unknown so it had to do some scanning. On yours, it already knew it was a DVD folder, and it simply validated that VIDEO_TS existed confirming the Container type assignment was valid. But the most important part is the command line, notice that for both of ours, \VIDEO_TS is not included on the command line (and should not be), so this is not the problem.

So the good news is that your file paths are fine, it looks like it's just an issue with MPC being detected.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Jay95

Post by Jay95 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:24 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for the quick reply. As you suggested, CMC hadn't picked up the install of MPC-BE. I did an uninstall-reinstall and that fixed it :)

But now MPC-BE is locking up when I play a DVD title - it goes through the menu's fine, but when it gets to the main movie it hangs. It must be something specific to MPC-BE (not CMC) as MPC-BE does it when trying to play the DVD direct as well :( VLC works well, but isn't as elegant as MPC-BE... More investigating to be done there....

And thanks for letting me know about the music library :) So I did a ctrl-m and it took me to the list of music dvd's I have, so I did a full synch and it still doesn't pick up the music (mp3) collection that's stored in the \Music path. It's only picking up the music DVD's that are in the \Movies path.

Is there a log file I can check to see what/where it's looking for the music collection? I have the correct path listed in the Music Library Scanning setup option.

Regards

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:52 pm

In Settings > Music Library, you can specify one or more paths to scan when you run a sync. Sorry, I thought you had already configured this part.

If you enable Debug Logging, then the sync process is logged in excruciating detail - goes in the Logs folder.

I've never heard of MPC-BE hanging on the main movie. What version are you running? Don't hesitate to log an issue on the MPC-BE SourceForge page.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:05 am

Hi Jay95, just wanted to check in and see how CMC is working for you now. Did you get the issues resolved?