Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] CMC Scanning old server share

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
mikemack

[Fixed in v7.0] CMC Scanning old server share

Post by mikemack » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:31 pm

Why would the debug and performance logs show that CMC is scanning an old server share rather than the new server that I just built and migrated everything over to?
The new server shares are \\wms1\movies\own and \\wms1\movies\rent. However this is what the performance log shows.
Performance Log Generated 7/17/2022 5:18:22 PM with CMC v4.2.2021.0203
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Scanning All Monitored Folders to Build Directory List:
* Scanned 0001 Directories in 2.2823 seconds for path "\\wsms\Movies\Own\"
* Scanned 0001 Directories in 2.2823 seconds for path "\\wsms\Movies\Rent\"

[2.3028] Completed Scanning 2 Directories.

\\wsms is the old retired server while \\wms1 is the new server. I have confirmed that the Monitoring option in MyMovies collection management is monitoring the correct path\network share and I am now using CCC after installing that on the new server, performing a full export and enabling CCC in CMC and pointing both of my CMC HTPC's to WMS1 server which is running CCC.

The CMC Debug log shows that it is also pointing to the old server share path.
Debug Log Generated 7/17/2022 5:18:22 PM with CMC v4.2.2021.0203
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Loaded Previous Movie SmartSync Directory Snapshot "CMC_SmartSync.bin"

Saved New Movie SmartSync Directory Snapshot "CMC_SmartSync.bin"

Comparing Old vs New Movie Directory Snapshots
Comparing Dir Snapshot for \\wsms\Movies\Own
No old data to remove from \\wsms\Movies\Own
No new data to add from \\wsms\Movies\Own
Comparing Dir Snapshot for \\wsms\Movies\Rent
No old data to remove from \\wsms\Movies\Rent
No new data to add from \\wsms\Movies\Rent
Completed Directory Snapshot Comparison

If I delete the SmartSync.bin file and restart CMC that file regenerates and shows the old server share paths.

Any ideas?

mikemack

Re: CMC Scanning old server share

Post by mikemack » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:01 pm

I think I may have found the culprit and resolved this on my own. Here is what I did so that if someone else runs into this it may be of help.

First, when I checked in MyMovies Collection Management I saw that the old server was still being referenced in the External Server Credentials setting under the Collection top menu option. I could not delete it manually from here so I had to do an export of the Movies Collection db and then parse the XML file looking for references to the old server name. I found about 6 titles still using that old server share path. I then went back to MM Collection Management and edited the file locations for those titles to use the new server share path. This was supposed to happen automatically for all of the titles in my collection when I edited the first title after the migration. When I changed that first title file path a pop up window occurred and asked me if the other 350+ titles should be adjusted for this new path and I responded "Yes". I thought that would handle it but I guess it missed some.
After I edited the 6 titles I went back and checked under the Collection section for external server credentials and the older server was no longer showing.
I then went back to my CMC HTPCs and deleted the cmc_smartsync.bin, cmc_moviedb.bin and cmc_moviedb.xml files and restarted CMC. This action generated new files and I then checked the debug logs and verified that all references to the old server were now gone from these logs. I also opened up the newly generated .bin and xml files and parsed them as well and verified that the old server reference was gone.
Fingers crossed but I think I fixed the issue and hopefully its nothing but nothing but movie watching bliss from here on out.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:14 pm

Just an fyi regarding Mymovies collection management not updating all the file paths when you update them. This has been a bug in mymovies for many years. Several people have complained about this but the bug has never been fixed. Thank you for posting how you got around that problem. It may be helpful in the future.

Jamie

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Hi mikemack, I gotta say I'm confused by your first post. You said you migrated to using CCC, but then show debug logs for CMC doing a folder scan.

Once you enable CCC in CMC, then CMC will no longer do folder scans at all. Instead, CCC does the API export and shares the data with CMC.

So if you are still seeing CMC doing folder scans, then it sounds like you didn't properly enable CCC in CMC.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: [Fixed in v7.0] CMC Scanning old server share

Post by Pauven » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:04 pm

Turns out that this issue is the same one you reported here: viewtopic.php?t=501

And like I mentioned in the other thread, this is resolved in v7.0.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter