Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

Playing 4K movies with the i12900K processors

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Chefpj

Playing 4K movies with the i12900K processors

Post by Chefpj » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:15 am

I had to build a new system because I had a major CPU raid Controller meltdown. I Lost over 700 Movies and Had to re rip. Then I went to play some 4K movies on the machine and PowerDVD started giving me errors. Then I found out the in the new Intel Processor Intel has removed SGX ( Great). Well just fooling around I downloaded the latest Version of MPC-hc, Well what do you know it plays 4K movies on the new processor with no Problem and it's free.

Just an FYI

ChefPJ

Pauven

Re: Playing 4K movies with the i12900K processors

Post by Pauven » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:28 pm

Does that work for MPC-BE too? Or just MPC-HC? I know the two flavors are similar but have differences.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:32 pm

I just tested it With Dune 4k on BE with Madvr installed works fine. I had trouble installing Madvr because I did not have a path statement to the system32 directory or the wowsys64 directory after I put those values in the install went perfectly and I was up and running I watched about 15minutes of Dune 4k no problems it looked good

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:49 pm

For your powerdvd setup, do you have anydvd running while running powerdvd? do you use a nvidia or amd gpu? I am interested so that I know whether I should avoid the new non sgx intel cpu. also when you ripped your uhd discs did you keep protection, or removed it?

Just an fyi. you can use the jriver player for uhd discs

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:10 pm

okay
I had AnyDvd running
took off the copy protection
GPU is the Intel 770 which is on the motherboard
My Nvidia units are I9700k processors so they have SGX enabled
My New rig I hooked up three DVD Drives two of which can copy 4K on the USB chain and I was amazed how fast it was. I was ripping with anyDVD started 3 times and was able to get speeds of up to 30+ MB per second on Blu ray and 4K titles on each drive
I have not tried JRiver I think I bought an older version But when I went to import it was a mess so I took it off the system

Chef Pj

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:23 pm

It's scary that you had unprotected rips and anydvd was running too.. What version of powerdvd were you using?

I guess when I upgrade that I'll have to use the jriver player. When I install jriver I make sure that I refuse to allow it to steal any file extensions and I quickly shut down the importing of my video files. I use it barebones because I use cmc with the jriver player only. J river can be setup with madvr. if you have a previous version of jriver you can probably get a discount with the new release that came out a few months ago.

Jamie

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:08 pm

The latest version 22

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:38 pm

I read on the foxies site that this years version (22?) of powerdvd no longer supports uhd. Last years version (21?) or version 20 supported uhd when you use anydvd and removed protection when ripped. I think 19 should work too. I own 20 but I do not have any uhd equipment to test and I'm hoping to buy a uhd tv and build a htpc this fall. Your feedback could help me. Have you tried any of the versions I mentioned?

I found this on cyberlinks site so maybe 22 should work?

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-c ... o?id=26690

Thanks

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:01 pm

Hi Jamie,

I have all the version of powerdvd. in my 4K TV Room My system is intel I9700K processor with Nvidia 1650 video card plugged into my sound system. I just tested before I wrote this. Ver 22 still plays 4K movies. I heard the same thing that power dvd does not support 4k but, it is still working on my theatre system. Now My new system I have to run MPC either the HC or the BE Paul would like me to test Jriver but, I will need to upgrade to the latest. I am going to install HPC in the theatre system tonight and test lets see the difference.

Chefpj

Post by Chefpj » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:23 pm

On reading the cyberlink page the 4k play back in ver. 22 is not supported only in the new processors ie 11th and 12th gen. It still works with older processors. I just tested dvdfab and MPC 4K works fine and Powerdvd 22 also works fine with the older processors.