Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] CMC is not synching with CCC

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
mikemack

[Fixed in v7.0] CMC is not synching with CCC

Post by mikemack » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:15 pm

I am having an issue with my original CMC HTPC client not synching with my new CCC implementation. I have a new CMC HTPC client that is working and is synching with CCC running on MyMovies server but the original CMC HTPC client that was originally set to monitor Movie folders and now is set to use CCC is not synching with it.
Some of the movies that have been deleted from MyMovies db are showing up in the original CMC HTPC client. When I enable the debug logs I am not seeing all of the logs appearing. I am also not seeing the cmc_smartsync.bin file being created after the first boot of CMC and a run of the SmartSync and Full Sync attempt.
I am also seeing the original CMC HTPC client defaulting to sorted by Date added rather than by Title ascending as it is set to in the settings.
I am able to test from the setting the access to CCC and the CCC NetShare successfully. I also see under settings that the last synch with CCC was within the last 5 minutes.
I deleted the entire CMC directory from my C:\ drive and then restored it after a reboot with a fresh directory and went through the initial installation and configuration of CMC new but the issues still persist.
Any ideas where to start and how to get the proper debug logs to generate?

Pauven

Re: CMC is not synching with CCC

Post by Pauven » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Hey mikemack, as I mentioned in my other post (a couple minutes ago), it sounds like you are still using CMC Movie Folder Scanning, and have not properly configured CMC to use CCC.

In Settings, it's the very first menu section. Be sure it's enabled, configured, and do the two connectivity tests.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:06 pm

That is the weird thing CCC is configured and the tests are all successful from both HTPCs with CMC running on them. On the original CMC HTPC I even disabled CCC temporarily and went into the Folder Scan\Monitor and deleted the old folders and then went back and enabled CCC again and pointed it to the Windows Server running MyMovies db and CCC and both tests are successful.
I even removed the CMC folder completely, rebooted the HTPC, unzipped a new directory of CMC on the C:\ drive and reran the setup as if it was new and I am still experiencing the same issues. The cmc_smartsync.bin file never gets created and the cmc_moviesdb.xml file has some references to server shares that MyMovies is no longer using. I have deleted the mc_moviesdb.xml and mc_moviesdb.bin files and when they regenerate they still have the same reference to the old server share. Note that there are 350+ movies in the db and only 6 were showing as having the old server share.
The other issue I am having is on the brand new build of Windows 10 HTPC with CMC it is synching with CCC just fine and the moviedb files show the proper server share references but I am getting artcaching errors and when I close those I get access errors but not much in the debug logs tell me what the errors are or what is causing them.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:17 pm

Enable Debug Logging (I think you already did this) on both PC's, and then close and start CMC, do a Full Sync, and send me all the log files created. Also include the CMC cfg files from both PCs. Do everything on both PC's so I can compare good vs. bad.

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Attached are the log files generated as requested. HTPC is the existing CMC installation that I had to convert to from folder scanning to using CCC. MCPC is the brand new Win10 build with CMC that was configured to use CCC from the start.

Let me know if I can provide anything else to help the diagnosis.

Thanks for the support. :)
Attachments
HTPC-originalCMC.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
MCPC-newCMC.zip
(67.61 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:27 pm

I am not sure if this provides any further evidence of the weirdness and possibly where things are amiss but here are some screenshots from the new HTPC (MCPC named) that is also exhibiting some issues. Even though MyMovies Collection Management is configured for Atomic Blonde to have a file path to \\wms1\movies\own\atomic blonde the cmc_moviedb.xml file and the movie itself in CMC both show the path to the old server share \\wsms\movies\own\atomic blonde.

MyMovies Collection Management config for Atomic Blonde
Capture-MMCM_atomicblonde.PNG
Capture-MMCM_atomicblonde.PNG (19.96 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
CMC_MovieDB.xml file
Capture-cmc_moviedbxml.PNG
Capture-cmc_moviedbxml.PNG (3.55 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Screenshot from CMC within the title Atomic Blonde showing the old server share path
CaptureAB_wrongshare.PNG
CaptureAB_wrongshare.PNG (240.88 KiB) Viewed 3815 times

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:41 pm

As a test I changed the new HTPC (MCPC named) to use folder scanning and import the .xml files from MyMovies. When I did this I verified that Atomic Blonde now shows up with the correct share path to the file and that the cmc_moviedb.xml file reflects the correct share path.

CMC screenshot of the corrected share path for this title
CaptureAB_wrongshare-folderscan.PNG
CaptureAB_wrongshare-folderscan.PNG (122.22 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Excerpt from the cmc_moviedb.xml file showing the correct share path for Atomic Blonde
Capture-cmc_moviedbxml-folderscan.PNG
Capture-cmc_moviedbxml-folderscan.PNG (11.19 KiB) Viewed 3814 times

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:47 pm

Now when I revert this HTPC (MCPC named) back to using CCC for importing all of the titles the issue reappears. The share path shown in CMC for the title Atomic blonde is back to the old path \\wsms\movies\own\atomic blonde and the cmc_moviedb.xml file is showing the old path as well.

Correct me if I am wrong but this tells me that CCC has incorrect information even though it is supposed to be pulling from MyMovies Collection Management which has the correct file path for the network share.

How do I correct this and is this indicative of a larger configuration problem?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:50 pm

Okay, just jotting some notes down as I go through everything.

First, I see that MCPC (the new one) has two movie folders defined for scanning. That's probably just old going unused, since you do have CCC configured. I see CCC is configured the same on both PC's.

Still, one thing that pops out at me in the config is that you have MCPC set to auto-sync on startup. And I can see this in the Startup Debug Log file. The problem, here, is that the log never completes. If you look at your HTPC Startup Debug Log, it correctly ends with "Form Showing Complete - END OF STARTUP DEBUG LOG". This line is not present in the MCPC log, which is an indication that it isn't correctly finishing. So from my perspective, it seems like MCPC is the one with the problem, and it is never actually syncing, so perhaps the data you are seeing is from an earlier folder scan, and not current My Movies API data.

That said, I do see the CCC Sync log from both PC's is identically successful. The MovieDB Load also looks identically successfull on both. Hmmmm.

Updating Movie Art on both looks similar. Both are accessing WMS1 for the CCC Movie Art share. Looks good. HTPC is almost twice as fast as MCPC, but that's just an observation, no harm there. I do not see WSMS being accessed here.

You included the CMC_MovieDB files for the HTPC, which is a nice touch, but you didn't send me the same files from MCPC. That would have been extremely helpful to compare since they are containing different data.

The Movie DB Load counts of Genres, Categories, and Titles matches the HTPC's MovieDB.XML file. Randomly checking a few titles, I see they are pointing to WMS1. I did a count of movies pointing to WSMS, and there are 4:
  • Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
  • Battle for Terra
  • Big Hero 6
  • Atomic Blonde
You mentioned that one of the issues is that there is no SmartSync.bin file being created anymore. That's only needed for use with folder scanning, and doesn't get created when using CCC. The SmartSync.bin file is a snapshot of your previous directory structure, and it is used to quickly identify any changes with the current directory structure, to make folder scanning much faster (at least compared to early CMC versions, not compared to CCC).

The takeaway here is that CMC is in fact syncing with CCC. I can tell because some of the data in the XML will ONLY come from CCC, and is simply not available when doing the folder scans.

The next question is whether CCC is syncing with My Movies, or if CCC has old data. CCC can work in an offline mode, caching data from a previous sync, so it may not have the latest updates from My Movies if you aren't letting CCC Sync with it. This is where you should be doing the "Run Batch Jobs" in CCC, so that it can maintain it's data via the API.

So check out CCC and make sure you are running the jobs to export the data.

mikemack

Post by mikemack » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:09 am

Ok, thanks for the guidance. Now for an update...

I am not sure what the exact fix was but at some point after I massaged MyMovies Collection Management and reran the CCC Full Export the issue resolved itself. Now both HTPCs (HTPC and MCPC) are each showing identical title libraries and some of the titles that had been deleted and were still showing up are now gone. I have also verified the file paths both with CCC and manually in the title listings in CMC and they are consistent.

With MyMovies I ran several operations; Reset title numbering, Synch Database, Optimize Database, etc. and something finally cleared up the bug and resolved the issue. I also ran the Validate File Paths utility under CCC > Settings and that came back with all paths valid. I then ran another Full Export and then started up each CMC client on the HTPCs and the libraries synched and the file paths were corrected where they previously were incorrect like with Atomic Blonde.

However, I am still getting an error on MCPC with the Art Cache Synching and then a subsequent Access Error Violation. I would assume this is referring to the NetShare created in the CCC folder which is reachable by either CMC client. I can browse to \\wms1\ccc without issue from either client.

This is the art caching error
Capture-artcachingerror_mcpc.PNG
Capture-artcachingerror_mcpc.PNG (11.06 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
This is the access violation error after the art caching error
Capture-accessviolation_mcpc.PNG
Capture-accessviolation_mcpc.PNG (28.2 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
Any ideas what would cause this and how to resolve?