Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Resolved] TV Series not showing up in Chameleon

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
p64imp

[Resolved] TV Series not showing up in Chameleon

Post by p64imp » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:49 pm

Hi All,

I've added all my tv series into My Movies collection manager. They are all properly mapped and show up fine in my collection manager, however only about 1/2 of them appear in Chameleon after syncing. What can i do to bring the rest in?

I don't have any filters on, I double checked collection manager and they are all there. I ran a full re-sync still not there. I tried opening the path for a couple spot episodes - they all play just fine via direct link. Checked to see if there's some sort of filter or something restricting it, but there's literally nothing i can see.

Some show up, others don't. Help? :)

Pauven

Re: TV Series not showing up in Chameleon

Post by Pauven » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:54 pm

How are you exporting data from My Movies? CCC or CME or something else?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

p64imp

Post by p64imp » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:52 am

I'm using CCC. Works perfectly for everything else. I have it set up for the every 5 min sync like you suggested to me over on the mymovies.dk forums :)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:49 am

In CCC, type the name of one of the missing shows into the text box at the top right, then run a Full Export. This is a special feature, it will do a full export of that show and append our to your current CMC DB.

Copy the text from the log window and post it here for my review.

p64imp

Post by p64imp » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:05 pm

Ran a full export, i hit this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Scanning "Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z" for unexported Episodes...
[CRIT_SECT_ERROR] EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 009FD82F in module 'CCC.exe'. Read of address 0000000D

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

what happened here? A disk read error?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:33 pm

I've looked at the code in this section, and also reviewed some old support tickets. I think what is happening here is that you have bad episode data in My Movies.

I've seen that sometimes My Movies will have episodes listed that are no longer valid. My Movies will have an ID for an episode that no longer is valid, and when CCC tries to reference that ID via the API, bad data is returned. When this occurs, we've been able to fix this by deleting and re-adding the entire TV series.

So that would be my first recommendation, to try and delete and re-add the TV series.

Most likely, the problem only exists with this one show. When the error happens, it is failing the entire TV Series export loop, so all shows after this point fail to export too. I think this is why you're missing so many shows.

If you would like to do some more investigation first, then there is a setting you can turn on in CCC to show the API URL's: Settings > My Movies API Authentication > Show My Movies API Calls:

image.png
image.png (117.09 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

After enabling the above, repeat the Full Export test with "Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z" in the filter box. The log output will now include the URL's that CCC is calling to access the My Movies API. Whichever call is last, right before the error, copy and paste that into a browser window on the same PC, and see what output you get (and feel free to share it with me). It will probably be some type of error message that the data can't be accessed or something like that.

Meanwhile, I'm working on the next version of CMC/CCC, and I'll improve the logging around this section to hopefully provide more meaningful error messages in the future.

p64imp

Post by p64imp » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:41 pm

You are amazing, what a great and thorough reply! I greatly appreciate your time on this! :)

I just nuked the series for now and re-ran the scan and it completed without issue. I think I will survive without powerpuff girls, though my 3 year old may disagree with me! LOL

:D

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:12 pm

Excellent, glad that was the only issue.

I've never seen powerpuff girls, but I doubt she's missing much ;)