Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] Access Violation

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
RKEP

[Fixed in v7.0] Access Violation

Post by RKEP » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:21 am

Hi Paul

I just upgraded to Ver:6 and am getting an Access Violation. It appears just befor the GUI comes up but dosent seem to effect anything that I've noticed yet. Obviously I would prefer this didn't happen and hoping you have the solution, thx

Best Regards

Richard
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.3 KiB) Viewed 2409 times

Pauven

Re: Access Violation

Post by Pauven » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:09 am

Hey Richard,

I've got 1 or two other users for which I'm currently troubleshooting this issue. I don't have the answer just yet.

The problem seems to be related to the new Category based Parental Restrictions.

Thanks for including the screenshot, every data point helps figure this issue out.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

RKEP

Post by RKEP » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:02 am

Hi Paul

FYI, I don't know why because I have done nothing, but this issue has gone away for me and everything seems to be working ok. Obviously I don't know about other people but result for me, thx

Best Regards

Richard

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:04 am

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the update and I'm relieved this issue solved itself for you.

I have been looking at the code, and I think it is occurring when movies are sorted early in the startup process before a user account has been selected. This affects non-CCC users the most, because they never select a user. Perhaps you changed something with either using CCC or which user account you are using, or even disabling the prompt for user on startup option.

Paul

lovehtpc

Post by lovehtpc » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:19 pm

Hi guys,

I just upgraded to v.6 15 min ago and got the same error. My addresses are different though: 012A8D61 and fffffe5C. No movies show, even after scans. I just get more errors.

If it helps, i installed 22H2 on my win 10 box right before i upgraded.

Any tips for what i should try to fix?

Thanks!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:58 pm

Hey lovehtpc, so sorry you encountered issues too. Question: Do you use CCC?

Please give this special beta a try: CMC v6 Beta 6

It's the same as v6 final, so all you need is the CMC.exe file from the zip, just copy it into your CMC directory. In addition to a few bug fixes, It has extra logging in it, which unfortunately looks suspicious to some A/V software which may quarantine it. I don't normally let these out in the wild, but I already had this one ready to go as I've been testing it with users having issues.

Note - for others reading this, please don't try this beta unless you are having issues.

clmber

Post by clmber » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:22 am

Hi Paul,

I downloaded and installed the beta on my server 2012r2 essentials (CCC) and two windows 10 pro's and had no errors with the windows 10 clients.

I will try to work/finish configuration on both of them this weekend to see if I run into any other problems and get back to you.

One thing I did notice is that I can't page back/ahead with the page down/up key. It only allows for single movie advancement in each direction with the arrow keys.

Thanks!!! Bill

lovehtpc

Post by lovehtpc » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:51 pm

Pauven wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:58 pm Hey lovehtpc, so sorry you encountered issues too. Question: Do you use CCC?

Please give this special beta a try: CMC v6 Beta 6

It's the same as v6 final, so all you need is the CMC.exe file from the zip, just copy it into your CMC directory. In addition to a few bug fixes, It has extra logging in it, which unfortunately looks suspicious to some A/V software which may quarantine it. I don't normally let these out in the wild, but I already had this one ready to go as I've been testing it with users having issues.

Note - for others reading this, please don't try this beta unless you are having issues.
So sorry for the long delay in response! The beta works for me - no issues. Thanks!

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:49 am

That's great, thanks for letting me know.

I plan to make this beta the next published version soon.