Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] Artwork not updating

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
klpaint

[Fixed in v7.0] Artwork not updating

Post by klpaint » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:44 pm

I am running CCC 6.0.2022.1103 on my server and the same version of CMC on my client. I have an issue where I am updating titles or covers on the server but those updates are not making it back to the client.

As an Example, I have a Box that is named SAW (it has 9 titles in it). It is sorting as the first thing and when I looked at it in MyMovies under the Collection it the sort was Blank. I updated it to SAW which should have fixed it but it did not change. I then noticed that the last movie I inputed (The Girl Who Played with Fire) the cover was a ?. I then went into MyMovies and I updated the cover and it did not make it over either.

I thought maybe the export wasn't working so I stopped it and did a full export (that runs a very long time). I then went to the client and did a full sync and still no luck.

What doesn't make sense is I had to move a movie from one drive to another and I updated that in My Movies and it did work. The client picked up the change and the movie played. That makes it seem like it is something with the art work.

My guess is this is something simple but I am not figuring it out. I have done all the Connection tests from the client and they all work. I would have thought a complete export followed by a full synch would have picked up any changes but that didn't work either.

Any run into this before? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Re: Artwork not updating

Post by Pauven » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:23 pm

Hey Kevin,

Wow, Saw has 9 movies now?!!! I've only seen the first...

I would have expected the Full Export to fix it too. Hmmm.

Do this:

In CCC, type SAW into the search/filter box, then run a Full Export. It will only do a Full Export of titles matching SAW in the name, which should include your box set.

Note, this is a special feature in CCC, when you have text in the title contains text box, a Full Export runs in an append mode, doing a full export of whatever matches and adding it to your currently exported data. It's much quicker than running an all title full export, making it quick and easy to troubleshoot/fix a few titles.

Once you do that, share the CCC log with me. I need to see what is being processed. Once I review that, we can figure out the next step.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:05 pm

CCC Export.log
(9.07 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Paul,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully I attached this right.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:22 pm

Perfect, thanks.

I only see 8 Saw related titles there. I was expecting 9 Saw movies, plus 1 box set to contain them all. So we're missing one movie, and the box set itself.

Can you post some screenshots of the missing movie and box set inside My Movies?

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Paul,

I created a word doc with a bunch of screen shots but I can't seem to attach it. I tried with .docx .doc and .pdf. I made sure it was less than 2M but it says invalid file extension. I tried to cut and paste into this window as well but it only puts what I typed and not the screen shots. Is there a way I can send you a word doc that has all the screen shots in it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:55 pm

I'm pretty sure you have my email, right?

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:10 am

Paul,

I just sent the file to your email. Hopefully I used the right one.

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:54 pm

Hey Kevin,

I got the screenshots, thank you. I find them very interesting, especially in light of your log results.

First, I see your Saw box set, so it's in CMC, even though CCC did not export it in your logs.

Second, I see the 9th film in your box set. I guess it is called Spiral, which explains why it didn't export separately with the "Saw" limited Full Export you performed in CCC.

Regarding the Sort Title being blank, CMC/CCC should be smart enough to detect the blank value and replace it with the main Title, though it's possible that feature isn't working on Movie Collections, I'll have to double-check.

I decided I better check that CCC doesn't have a bug that prevents exporting Movie Collections when using the text filter on a full export. I have all three Bad Boys movies, including a box set of 1 & 2, plus I combined all together in a Movie Collection. So I filtered on "Bad Boys" and did a full export. Here's my log beow - as you can see everything exported, including the Movie Collection:

Code: Select all

Checking My Movies API connection on server Localhost...

********************************************************************************************
           * Detected My Movies API Service on Localhost provided by My Movies for Windows v5.4.0.100 *
           ********************************************************************************************

**********************************************************************
                      ** CMC Metadata Exporter v6.0.2022.1103 Log - 12/20/2022 1:45:39 PM **
                      **                           FULL Export                            **

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

* Exporting Disc Titles *

Exporting Title ID 822 - "Bad Boys" - Retrieving Update...
 * ID 822 - Bad Boys
    Disc "Disc 1" Type="1" LocationA=smb://Tower/4k/Bad Boys
       SAVING:  MovieCache\822\folder.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\822\mymovies-front.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\822\mymovies-back.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\822\fanart.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Exporting Title ID 15005 - "Bad Boys I & II" - Retrieving Update...
 * ID 15005 - Bad Boys I & II
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15005\folder.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15005\mymovies-front.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15005\mymovies-back.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15005\boxset.png
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15005\fanart.jpg
     SKIPPING:  The requested Backdrop image does not exist in My Movies for this Title
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Exporting Title ID 15006 - "Bad Boys 3: Bad Boys For Life" - Retrieving Update...
 * ID 15006 - Bad Boys 3: Bad Boys For Life
    Disc "Blu-ray" Type="1" LocationA=smb://tower/blu-rays/bad boys for life
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15006\folder.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15006\mymovies-front.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15006\mymovies-back.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15006\fanart.jpg
 Exporting Title ID 15008 - "Bad Boys II" - Retrieving Update...
 * ID 15008 - Bad Boys II
    Disc "Blu-ray" Type="1" LocationA=smb://Tower/4k/Bad Boys II
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15008\folder.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15008\mymovies-front.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15008\mymovies-back.jpg
       SAVING:  MovieCache\15008\fanart.jpg

******************************************************************************
                  * Disc Title Export finished at 12/20/2022 1:46:13 PM - 123 Titles Processed *
                  ******************************************************************************

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

* Exporting Standalone TV Series *

**************************************************************************************
              * Standalone TV Series Export finished at 12/20/2022 1:46:13 PM - 0 Series Processed *
              **************************************************************************************

* Exporting Discless Movies *

********************************************************************************
                 * Discless Movie Export finished at 12/20/2022 1:46:14 PM - 0 Movies Processed *
                 ********************************************************************************

* Exporting Movie Collections *

Retrieving MovieCollection ID 6F8BF28F-92C5-4924-A6E4-6232210A3B30: Bad Boys
          SAVING:  MovieCache\6F8BF28F-92C5-4924-A6E4-6232210A3B30\MovCol-Poster.jpg
          SAVING:  MovieCache\6F8BF28F-92C5-4924-A6E4-6232210A3B30\MovCol-Folder.jpg
          SAVING:  MovieCache\6F8BF28F-92C5-4924-A6E4-6232210A3B30\MovCol-Backdrop.jpg
          SAVING:  MovieCache\6F8BF28F-92C5-4924-A6E4-6232210A3B30\MovCol-BoxSet.png

*********************************************************************************************
           * Movie Collection Export finished at 12/20/2022 1:46:19 PM - 1 Movie Collections Processed *
           *********************************************************************************************

LOG FILE WRITTEN TO:  C:\CCC\Logs\CCC Export.log
We are both running My Movies v5.4.0.100, and CCC v6.0.2022.1103. I think we can rule out all the basic stuff.

Is there any chance you have more than 1 My Movies install running? Perhaps they are out of sync with each other, and you have CCC connected to the old install?

klpaint

Post by klpaint » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:04 pm

Paul,

Thanks... I don't have 2 MyMovies but I am rebooting both the server and the client, running another full export and another sync on the client. While that is happening what does a ? for a movie cover mean? In that screen shot I sent I have that issue with The Girl Who Played with Fire. I have deleted the movie, verified that it deleted on the client, put it back on the server and it shows up on the client again with the art work as a question mark. What causes that?

Thanks,

Kevin

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:41 pm

The question mark cover is a placeholder for missing artwork.

Please email me the full export log so I can review.