Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] Different format

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
ricardo8369

Re: Different format

Post by ricardo8369 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:16 am

I just don’t believe this, every in CMC has gone, all wiped clean.
Must be Microsoft with their updates, as it’s updating/downloading automatically although it wasn’t set to. The same updates that I had removed by system restore earlier.

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:20 am

wiped off clean
Attachments
Wired clean off.PNG
Wired clean off.PNG (289.61 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
Updates.PNG
Updates.PNG (87.96 KiB) Viewed 2054 times

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:33 am

Well that was lucky, I did a restart and it's all back.
Attachments
all back after a restart.PNG
all back after a restart.PNG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2052 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:01 pm

I reviewed the log files, thanks for sending those over.

The unusual resolution is certainly a factor, but I think something is still broken in my code. I'll have to review it further.

I'm heading out of town on vacation, so it will be a while before I can dig further.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:48 am

That’s ok Paul, there’s no rush, as I have lots of things to do in the next few weeks.
Have a good time.

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:36 am

New problem now, whenever I add a new title, movie or Tv series, it won’t show on the interface either. I’ve tried everything, but nothing.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:07 pm

In the log files you sent me, it showed that CMC was not able to sync to CCC:

Code: Select all

Debug Log Generated 24/06/2023 09:32:57 with CMC v6.0.2022.0006
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Performing a UserDB Sync to CCC, connection timeout set to 1000ms
[2023-06-24 09:32:57]  Connecting to Home-Cinema-Pc
[2023-06-24 09:32:58]  [ERROR]  EIdConnectTimeout:  Connect timed out.
I'm not sure why the connection is timing out, but that would certainly explain why new data is not showing up.

Please make sure that:
  • CCC is running
  • CMC is configured with the correct name of the PC running CCC

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:57 am

Those are fine.
I’ve even did Run Full Export Now and Start Auto Export Jobs twice on CCC and no difference either.
But there is one thing, on CCC, it says, Start here by configuring Central Controller or disable CCC and assign media folders to Sync.
Don’t know why it says that?

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:04 am

Why does it say this?
Attachments
Settings.PNG
Settings.PNG (912.79 KiB) Viewed 2016 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:14 pm

That "Start here" message is shown on new installs, when the connection to CCC is not configured properly yet the option to use CCC is enabled.

A brief history lesson, CMC can acquire your collection in one of two ways:

1) the old way, scanning media folders looking for playable media and importing individual XML files, typically used with CME to generate those XML files. I do not recommend this, so this is turned off by default, but it is still wanted by some users so I leave this capability in CMC.

2) the new way, CCC using the My Movies API to export your collection, and then syncing that data to CMC

You can only use one of the two methods, not both. So, either folder scanning or CCC, but not both. In your case, you're using CCC, which is good.

On a new install, CMC is set to use CCC, since that is the newer and better method. But it still needs to be configured to work. So in CMC, go into Settings (which is where that message is pointing you), and configure the "Chameleon CentralController" settings.

Mostly, you'll just need to set the "CCC PC Name or IP Address". If your CCC install happens to be running on the same PC, just put "localhost" as the PC Name. Otherwise, put the name of the PC where CCC is running (remember, you should only ever have 1 copy of CCC running for your entire home, each CMC PC connects to that one PC). Here you can see my PC Name is set to "MyMoviesVM", which is the name of the PC where I have CCC running:

image.png
image.png (153.27 KiB) Viewed 2018 times

Be sure to Save if you make any changes. You'll also want to run both the "Test CCC Connectivity" and "Test CCC Network Share Connectivity" options. The first one verifies that CCC is reachable (of course, make sure that CCC is running when you do this test), and the second one verifies that the network share which is used for DVD artwork is configured and reachable. If either test fails, then either the PC Name is wrong, or CCC isn't running or installed properly, or possibly you have network firewall issues.

I'm thinking you've had all this working in the past, so the above is just a refresher. There are detailed configuration steps here in the forum you can refer to if needed.

Additionally, lower down on the page is a status line that indicates the last time that CMC successfully synced with CCC - this should be pretty recent, if not then that indicates an issue communicating with CCC:

image.png
image.png (12.58 KiB) Viewed 2018 times

One last thought - you recently mentioned that all CMC settings were lost, then you rebooted and then they came back. Your screenshot makes it looks like the settings were lost again. I'm wondering if you perhaps have CMC installed in 2 different folders, and one is configured and one is not, and you are switching between them and getting different results. Just a thought, seems that could explain some of the weirdness you've encountered. You can have multiple copies of CMC (and different versions too) in different folders, and they each run independently. That's helpful when I have users beta testing new versions, they can run it side-by-side with older versions, comparing results. But in general, you should only have 1 copy of CMC installed unless you are doing special beta testing.