Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] Different format

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
ricardo8369

Re: Different format

Post by ricardo8369 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:53 am

All the missing titles are now showing. When I input back in my pc name it wouldn’t work, so I input in Localhost and that worked.
The other, no only got Chameleon in one folder and not switching.
Thanks Paul. Just the 1st problem to fix, that I posted. No rush, as I can wait on that.

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:04 am

Think I replied back too soon. I now get a bug report. Don't know why?
Attachments
Bug.PNG
Bug.PNG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
Capturebug.PNG
Capturebug.PNG (460.87 KiB) Viewed 1982 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:05 pm

The debug error message is explained in the last line of your 2nd screenshot: CMC was trying to write to the "CMC_MovieDB.XML", and it failed because the file was already in use. Most likely, it was already being written to by CMC, and CMC was simply stepping on its own toes.

This is a known issue that already has a solution: This file is only written when CMC's Debug Logging is Enabled. Simply disable Debug Logging, you don't need it on anymore, and the file won't be written to and the issue goes away.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:04 pm

Fixed, cheers Paul

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:27 am

I have an update on the display issue.

When I compile CMC using the newest compiler versions, CMC crashes on startup at certain display scaling values. For example, if I set the display scaling to 175%, 225%, or 300%, CMC will simply crash right after showing the splash screen. For this reason, I've been compiling CMC using an old compiler version that doesn't have this issue.

Or so I thought.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have some display artifacts on one of my HTPC's, and I traced it down to using display scaling set to 175%. The issues I experienced were the GUI not properly centered, and the taskbar not being overlaid by CMC's GUI. As soon as I changed it to 150%, it looked perfect again.

Please check your display scaling in your Windows display settings. Please do not use 175%, 225%, or 300%. Note, there may be other values not to use as well, but scaling % values that have previously been validated as good are: 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 250%.

The main reason that I was using the old compiler was to get 175% working, since I have a handful of users that really want this scaling %. Now that I see it doesn't actually work correctly, I'm going to use the new compiler going forward. I've programmed a scaling check on startup that will prompt users to change their scaling if they have it set to an unsupported %. This is the best I can do for now, and hopefully users that want 175% will be able to get by with either 150% or 200%, since those are fairly close to their desired scaling.

I've also added some additional debug logging to the next version, to log data from the scaling function. So if changing your scaling % doesn't work, I can have you test a new beta so we can log more data.

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:33 am

Well my scaling has always been set on 100%
But I'll try the others and see if any of those make any difference
Attachments
Capture35hy.PNG
Capture35hy.PNG (74.12 KiB) Viewed 1929 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:02 pm

Ok, thanks.

I finally wised up and set my resolution to 1024 x 768. Sure enough, my screen looked like yours.

I was able to figure out the issue. The CMC GUI is designed as 1920x1080 and is scaled up or down from there based upon the PC's display resolution. So, the scaling for your display is about 53%.

Regardless of the scaling, I was simply moving the top mode bar up by the height of the bar, presumably moving it offscreen. But with scaling less than 100%, I actually should be moving it more. So to move it offscreen at 53% scaling, I need to move it about double.

The old solution worked fine for higher resolutions, or wider screen ratios, but for taller screens a less than 100% scaling, the old solution was broken.

I've made this change, and it now works correctly. This will be in the next release.

ricardo8369

Re: [Fixed, Version TBD] Different format

Post by ricardo8369 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:41 pm

Ok Paul, I went throw everything even changing the display resolution & scales, but no difference

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:09 pm

I'll let you know when the next release is available for testing, so you can see if the fix works for you too.

ricardo8369

Post by ricardo8369 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Ok cheers Paul, this will be for v6 I guess, as that’s what I’m using?