Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

IPTV Service

Talk about and get help for your favorite media players, like MPC, PowerDVD, DVDFab Player, JRiver, VLC, PotPlayer, and more!
SB_Cowboy
Interests: My newest addiction is e-machines i.e. I have a 30mph e-skateboard, a 45mph e-scooter, and a 70mph e-bike. Who needs a car? lol. I'm slowing completing my Masters in IT and look forward to the 2nd half of my life career in System Administration...which is funny because I knew literally nothing-about computers before I was laid off during Covid. Oh and a hoorah Semper Fi to any fellow Teufelhunden's - 3/5 Darkhorse 0331, gimme that 60, hell yeah I can run with it and 80lbs of ammo sir - get some!

IPTV Service

Post by SB_Cowboy » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:13 am

IPTV service is growing by unimaginable stats daily, and no not all IPTV services are illegal - Hulu TV, YouTube TV, Fubu TV etc are all prime examples of legal and paid for IPTV services. So with that said, is there or will there be a way to add my service provider and integrate it into my build. I live in Santa Barbara, CA and while a complete and total paradise, I get 1 OTA channel and it foreign. So using OTA and terrestrial services is not an option. Soooooo ???

Pauven

Re: IPTV Service

Post by Pauven » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:20 pm

I watch Netflix, Hulu, AppleTV, Disney, HBO MAX, Showtime, and YouTube on a near daily basis on my HTPC. I built into CMC the ability to launch external apps (i.e. the Netflix or Disney apps), or open a browser window to a specific URL (any streaming service).

So yes, you can include streaming services on your HTPC with CMC.

What is not possible at this time is tighter integration. These big companies do not provide an API to permit integrating their streaming services into CMC. And most of these service websites and apps require the use of a mouse or keyboard to navigate around, they don't work well with remotes. This is all out of my control, I can't force these companies to support HTPC's, and it seems for the most part they don't want to.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter