Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.0] Access Violation on TV Series Episode Playback

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Manni

[Fixed in v7.0] Access Violation on TV Series Episode Playback

Post by Manni » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:55 am

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure this is the same issue, because I'm only getting an access violation when trying to play TV Series. I use CCC.

Here is a screenshot:
CMC 1103 Access Violation (TV Series only).png
CMC 1103 Access Violation (TV Series only).png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 2981 times
I was hopefult that 1103 would fix this when I looked at the log, but it didn't.

I tried playing different titles with different ratings, I also tried to select MPC-BE rather than jRiver, makes no difference, the error happens before the player actually launches.

My UHD Blurays play fine (with jRiver), it's only the TV Series.

The shares are online and the Dune plays them without any issue (using CM info with the MM integration).

Please let me know if you'd like me to send you a log. There is nothing to be noted, here is the content of playclick:

PlayClick Debug Log Generated 06/04/2023 14:58:08 with CMC v6.0.2022.1103
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** BEGIN OF PLAYCLICK DEBUG LOG ***
Validating Disc Location: \\B2K\bdtv\Walking Dead, The\Season 5\THE_WALKING_DEAD_S5_D1
Checking if network device "B2K" is online.
"B2K" is online.
"B2K" is configured for Wake on LAN, checking if Share is Online...

It doesn't matter how long I let the log run, it just stops there.

I can confirm 100% that the share is online.

Pauven

Re: Access Violation

Post by Pauven » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:36 pm

Hey Manni,

I'm pretty sure this is a completely separate issue.

Can you turn off WoL and try again?
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Post by Manni » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:26 pm

Bingo :)

Yep, if I disable the WOL on playback for the Unraid server on which my TV Series are located (B2K), the error goes away and the title plays fine.

What's weird is that WOL enabled on the server for my UHD Blurays (A4K) works fine.

I double checked the MAC address for B2K, it's correct. Not sure why CMC can't display it when I look it up. It displays the IP address fine, but only zeros for the MAC address.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:10 am

Sounds like you're looking at the WOL debug log. Care to share?

Manni

Post by Manni » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:18 pm

Pauven wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:10 am Sounds like you're looking at the WOL debug log. Care to share?
All debug LOGs emailed, but there is no WOL debug log.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:37 pm

Got them, thanks.

I agree with your assessment. I'll explore the code.

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:08 am

Great, I've done a bit more debugging on my side in case it helps:

[EDIT: it's not client related either, I've tried on my HTPC and my Dell XPS 17 laptop, they both produce the same error)]
[EDIT: I had already tried that, but just to confirm it's not player-related, I tried to select MPC-BE instead or jRiver and I get the same error]
- This isn't server related, if I try to play a 4K UHD TV Series (westworld) on my A4K server, I get the same error.
- It's not path/access/share related, I've regenerated all the metadata and double checked all the password, plus the titles play fine when WOL "on play" is disabled.
- This is TV series exclusive, I only get this if I play a TV series, whether it's bluray or 4K, whether on A4K or B2K server, I can play UHD or bluray movies fine on both servers, even with WOL "on play" enabled.
- This only happens if the "on play" WOL option is selected. If I select "on CMC startup" instead, there is no error and the title plays correctly, both on A4K (4K series) and B2K (bluray series).

So to sum it up, you need to test what happens when playing a TV series on an SMB share with WOL "on play" enabled (and WOL "on CMC start" disabled) for the share the TV series is located on.

Hopefully this will help you to narrow it down to the part of the code that might cause this.

For now, I'm leaving WOL on "on CMC start" for both servers, until you find the issue and fix it.

Thanks!

Manni

Post by Manni » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:11 pm

Further to the above, it looks like WOL isnt working anymore.
with both servers set to WOL on CMC start, the startup log confirms that the two WOL commands were sent to the correct MAC address, but nothing happens. I copied the addresses detected by CMC and pasted them in the setup, so definitely no error there.

Manni

Post by Manni » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:58 am

Just to add to my two posts above that WOL (on CMC start) seems to be working some times and no others. I'll try to see if I can find a reason why to help reproduce.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:16 am

I have a vague memory that WOL didn't work reliably on startup back when we initially developed and tested it, but that you didn't care since that wasn't how you planned to use it.

I'll have to check some old emails.