Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.1] TV Series episodes not always marked as watched and other errors

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Manni

Re: TV Series episodes not always marked as watched and other errors

Post by Manni » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:36 pm

Great, looking forward to doing more tests when you have a new build.

Pauven

Re: [Fixed in v7.1] TV Series episodes not always marked as watched and other errors

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Sorry for the long delay, CMC v7.1 Beta 1 is now available. Please visit the Prerelease post here: viewtopic.php?t=566
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Re: [Fixed in v7.1] TV Series episodes not always marked as watched and other errors

Post by Manni » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:34 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks, that's great, will test shortly. Did you add some additional logging info in this beta? Because I had this issue even when the duration was not approximative.

I was waiting for you to be back in action to report/test, but I have some time from tomorrow, so it's pretty good timing :)

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 pm

No, I don't think I added any extra logging, sorry. If we still have issues, I will. Though I felt pretty confident that we had identified the core issue, so fingers crossed.

Manni

Post by Manni » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 pm

Hi Paul,

Sorry it took me a while to get to this.

I'm afraid we'll need the extra logging, the issue is still here with 7.1

I played the first episode of 24 season 1, each episode duration is ~60. I played the whole episode, until jRiver exit and I came back to CMC.

Episode watch status not updated, even after waiting one minute or so :(

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon May 20, 2024 5:15 pm

Okay, I've added additional debug logging to v7.1 RC2. I've also added new logic to try using the Series' Disc Runtime if the Serie's Original Runtime is too small (i.e. zero).

So the selection order will be:
  1. Actual Episode Runtime
  2. Series Original Runtime (typically 30 or 60 min)
  3. Series Disc Runtime (I think this is often missing)
Hopefully your data is in one of those fields. We'll see, the new logging will reveal all.

I'll reply once RC2 is ready.

Manni

Post by Manni » Mon May 20, 2024 5:26 pm

Pauven wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:15 pm Okay, I've added additional debug logging to v7.1 RC2. I've also added new logic to try using the Series' Disc Runtime if the Serie's Original Runtime is too small (i.e. zero).

So the selection order will be:
  1. Actual Episode Runtime
  2. Series Original Runtime (typically 30 or 60 min)
  3. Series Disc Runtime (I think this is often missing)
Hopefully your data is in one of those fields. We'll see, the new logging will reveal all.

I'll reply once RC2 is ready.
Sounds good! Let me know.