Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in v7.1] My Movies Pro app no longer works with CMC

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Pauven

[Fixed in v7.1] My Movies Pro app no longer works with CMC

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:28 pm

A few years ago I created the CMC SysTray Service which, among other tasks, listens for commands sent from Binnerup's My Movies Pro Android/iOS apps. The CMC SysTray Service pretended to be a WMC service, allowing the My Movies App to start movie playback and act as a remote control.

Recently this functionality has stopped working - the My Movies App no longer connects to the CMC SysTray Service, and this applies to both the new My Movies Pro 4 and older My Movies Pro 3 app versions.

I traced the issue down to a port # change. Previously, the My Movies Pro app used port 51408 to talk to a WMC Host PC, and this has now changed to port 51414, breaking the current CMC SysTray Service which is still listening on port 51408.

I reached out to Binnerup to ask what I should do: https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=po ... 65&#225065

For now, the remote control feature of the My Movies Pro app is broken with CMC. I expect I'll have to code a fix for the next version. I'll update here once I know more.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Re: [Broken] My Movies Pro app no longer works with CMC

Post by Manni » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:10 pm

I didn't even know that this was possible with CMC (I only used the iOS app as a front end to play titles on my Dune 4K Pro or my Oppo 203 clone after I dumped WMC for CMC and never looked back). Please let us know when this functionality is restored, I'll definitely use it.

By the way, the V4 doesn't offer network playback anymore AFAIK, you have to use V3 for it to work, at least with the Dune and Oppo. I asked BinnerUp when network playback suddenly stopped working in V4 and he said it was due to a change on Apple side. It's only possible to play trailers now with V4 and nothing at all with the new V5 :(

Happy New Year by the way! :)

Pauven

Re: [Fixed in v7.1] My Movies Pro app no longer works with CMC

Post by Pauven » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:43 pm

Sorry, I should have already updated this post.

It is fixed in the next release. Either something changed in the My Movies app, or I accidentally turned off some logic in the CMC SysTray Service. Probably the latter. All of the code I needed was already programmed but commented out, and I simply had to re-enable it. I did make a few other improvements to the SysTray service while I was working on this fix.

So this feature to initiate and control remote playback is working again for v7.1, release date to be determined.

Due to this little incident, we did get some visibility into Binnerup's plans. Looks like MM 5.40 with mobile app v4 might be the last stable release that does everything with CMC. The iOS v5 mobile app has already removed the remote control functionality, and the Android v5 release due out in December will remove it too. And due to code refactoring, there's a good chance that any new MMCM versions may also lose functonality due to code abandonment.

So for now, we advise sticking with MMCM 5.4 and iOS/Android app v4.

Happy New Year! :D
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter