Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[Fixed in 7.1] Movie Dates all 01/01/9999 ?

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
michae1a1ee

Re: Movie Dates all 01/01/9999 ?

Post by michae1a1ee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 pm

Did some experimenting and sure enough, the US and Canada have different date options by flipping around the Regional Settings back and forth!

US options:
image.png
image.png (43.62 KiB) Viewed 185 times
Canada options:
image.png
image.png (48.9 KiB) Viewed 185 times
PS - I did these tests before reading your full previous reply where you suggested I run some exports BEFORE screwing around with the Regional Settings. I will try to step through your instructions shortly; hopefully me toggling the regional settings around for my own test didn't screw up the results you're inquiring about.

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 pm

I added the API Calls checkbox, saved, went back in to verify it was still checked and it was.
Ran the Full Export with "The Firm" in the filter box. Export ran but I don't see any of those extra lines you mentioned. Here is the full contents I see when I click on "View Export Log" in CCC:

** CMC Metadata Exporter v7.0.2023.1031 Log - 2024-04-26 5:47:23 PM **
** FULL Export **

***********************************************************************************************
* Detected My Movies API Service on 192.168.1.11 provided by My Movies for Windows v5.4.0.100 *
***********************************************************************************************

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

* Exporting Disc Titles *

Exporting Title ID 4412 - "The Firm" - Retrieving Update...
* ID 4412 - The Firm
Disc "Disc 1" Type="1" LocationA=smb://CRYPT/Movies/The Firm (1993)
SAVING: MovieCache\4412\folder.jpg
SAVING: MovieCache\4412\mymovies-front.jpg
SAVING: MovieCache\4412\mymovies-back.jpg
SAVING: MovieCache\4412\fanart.jpg
SAVING: MovieCache\4412\movie-poster.jpg
SAVING: MovieCache\4412\movie-folder.jpg

* Disc Title Export finished at 2024-04-26 5:47:24 PM - 2437 Titles Processed *

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

* Exporting Standalone TV Series *

**************************************************************************************
* Standalone TV Series Export finished at 2024-04-26 5:47:25 PM - 0 Series Processed *
**************************************************************************************

* Exporting Discless Movies *

********************************************************************************
* Discless Movie Export finished at 2024-04-26 5:47:26 PM - 0 Movies Processed *
********************************************************************************

* Exporting Movie Collections *

*********************************************************************************************
* Movie Collection Export finished at 2024-04-26 5:47:28 PM - 0 Movie Collections Processed *
*********************************************************************************************

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Don't click the "View Export Log" button. The extra lines are only displayed in the live log window, below the buttons.
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 pm

Okay, thanks for the extra directions. I've followed everything exactly and have attached the saved exports to two XML files here in an XML.rar file to get around some security/uploading errors I was getting. Files both have the user/password entries changed as you suggested.
Attachments
XML.rar
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm

Got them, thanks.

Just to confirm, this was with your short date format set to Canadian YYYY-MM-DD?

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 pm

Yes. I did play around with my Regional Settings to see what changes, if any, would occur, but I ran those exports while my regional settings were back to what they originally were, as they show now:
image.png
image.png (31.27 KiB) Viewed 155 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm

My best guess is that CCC is observing your PC's regional settings, so YYYY-MM-DD, while My Movies is ignoring them, so MM/DD/YYYY. I would have to do more research to confirm, but first impressions are probably spot on.

If that's happening, then that date format mismatch would explain why the disc release date isn't showing properly.

As to why it's not happening to more/all date fields... well, perhaps I missed this particular date in my translation logic. Or perhaps I'm grabbing the "display" version of the disc release date (no idea why Binnerup has the same date in two formats, but they do, and I don't see it on other fields), and that is failing the translation.

For now, I would say go ahead and change your region to US and the short date format to mm/dd/yyyy. Then run a full export. I'm pretty sure that will clean things up.

I'll put it on my to-do list to research this issue more thoroughly. I appreciate you grabbing the XML data for me, that helps.

michae1a1ee

Re: [Broken for non-US regions] Movie Dates all 01/01/9999 ?

Post by michae1a1ee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 pm

Okay, I just moved to the United States. Will "Run Full Export Now" and see how things are in the morning. :)
image.png
image.png (30.24 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am

Fingers crossed, though I'm fairly confident that this will work. By the way, I should have suggested rebooting after making the change. I'm not sure if My Movies will pick up the change without a restart. Sorry I didn't think to mention this.

In the mean time, I've been looking at my code. I grab the Release Date from the XML, which from the sample you sent me yesterday looks like this:

<ReleaseDate>5-29-2011</ReleaseDate>

My code then identifies the month, day, and year fields by looking for the forward slash ("/"). If that fails (and in your case it does, because it's a dash separator not a slash), then it defaults to 01/01/9999, which is what you're seeing in CMC.

What's odd to me is that the My Movies date doesn't exactly follow your PC's short date format. If I'm looking at it correctly, your short date is YYYY-MM-DD (unless you accidentally changed it before you took the screenshot), and My Movies is outputting MM-DD-YYYY. It's almost like My Movies is grabbing the separator character, the dash, but using its own field order. Looking back at your Canada region short date options, MM-DD-YYYY isn't even an option.

I'm thinking the workaround here is that you simply need to select a short date format that utilizes slashes instead of dashes. The assumption here is that My Movies grabs the separator character to apply to its own date format.

On my side, for the next version of CCC & CMC, I have adjusted my code to work with dashes as well as slashes. This will affect all dates, not just the Disc Release Date.

I'm really hoping that My Movies is at least consistent in always outputtting MM-DD-YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY, since if they have any other variations then my code will still break. Binnerup should have either used a single, static date format, or always applied the PC's short date format, but not this crazy hybrid. Of course, this is just one example among hundreds or maybe thousands where I've had to create special logic to extract data reliably from My Movies...

michae1a1ee

Post by michae1a1ee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

No change.
I haven't rebooted my CCC PC yet, as I try not to reboot it too often, but I did actually check Collection Management after making the Regional Change and it did pick it up right away. Currently, and before running the Full Export last night, it's showing MM/DD/YYYY format (with slashes, not hyphens)
image.png
image.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 123 times
So to recap, I confirmed the US MM/DD/YYYY short date format was set and visible as such in Collection Management, ran the Full Export over night, and today I opened CMC to see all the Disc Releases were still showing as 01/01/9999. Did I miss anything?