Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CLOSED] XML update and database refresh

General support forum for Chameleon MediaCenter (formerly MM Browser)
Gilles2

[CLOSED] XML update and database refresh

Post by Gilles2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:54 am

Hi Paul,
I noted that when one point a XML data file issue (created by old version of MM), and if one goes to update this XML in MM, then just re-syncing the MMbrowser database is not sufficient. One need to clear the full database and re-sync, otherwise the updates would not be picked-up. Not a major issue, but make the SmartSync / Full Sync button on the interface not that useful...
Thanks

Pauven

Re: XML update and database refresh

Post by Pauven » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Gilles2,

This shouldn't be the case, as anything at all that touches the XML files (thereby changing their date) should be caught and processed by the SmartSync.

On occasion, things can get a bit out of sync, which is why I gave the ability to do a full refresh from the settings menu. This should be exception, though, and not the norm.

I'll do some more testing on this in the next version to see if I can find a problem in my code. Sometimes things do break during the process of code improvement.

Thanks,
Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Pauven

Re: [CLOSED] XML update and database refresh

Post by Pauven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Gilles2,

I was able to reproduce this issue, and discovered two small bugs with the SmartSync logic were contributing towards the problem.

These have now been fixed in v1.8.2018.0318.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Paul
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter