Decorum for the Forum:
  • Be nice. If you want to be mean, try Reddit.
  • No Piracy. If you want to be a thief, there are dark places on the internet dedicated to that.
  • No Cracking. Discussions on AnyDVD, DeUHD, DVDFab, UHDKeys and similar tools are not permitted here.
  • No Spamming. If you want to make a buck, work smarter... somewhere else.
  • No Adult Content. Half the internet is dedicated to adult content. This half isn't.

Privacy Policy: Click Here to Review (updated September 30, 2020)

[CURRENT VERSIONS] CMC v2.2 + CME v1.0

Post here to suggest ideas for future versions.
Pauven

[CURRENT VERSIONS] CMC v2.2 + CME v1.0

Post by Pauven » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 pm

After many longs months of development and testing, I'm pleased to announce that Chameleon MediaCenter v2.2 is now available for everyone to use. As always, CMC v2.2 is a free upgrade for all licensed users.

The biggest new feature is that CMC v2.2 comes bundled with a new tool: CMC Metadata Exporter, also known as CME, which uses the My Movies API.

CME uses the My Movies API to export metadata from My Movies, and it does so significantly better than My Movies Collection Management's regular metadata export. Not only is it easy to use, eliminating many of the headaches of exporting metadata from My Movies, it now includes enough data to fully implement TV Series & Episodes in CMC.

It makes for an awesome new experience, and we highly recommend all users try using CME. Please note that CME requires My Movies API access, and you'll need 2500 My Movies Contribution Points to have that access. CMC will continue to work with the free mymovies.xml metadata files for users who can't afford the My Movies API access (that cost is out of our control, sorry), though if you are heavy into TV Series we really feel this is a must-have upgrade. Binnerup does offer free 30-day all-access trials if you want to see how this works before you buy.

Full disclosure: CME v1.0 is a standalone tool that exports the metadata to files, very similar to how My Movies Collection Management works. You will still need to Sync in CMC to read in the new metadata files, but in our testing your Syncs will be up to 45% faster. A future version of CME will eliminate the need for metadata files and syncing, and will instead directly create the CMC database, but we didn't want to deprive users of the wonderful benefits of the My Movies API while these new capabilities are still being developed, so we released CME v1.0 with only file-based metadata.

But that's not all, here's some more notable new features:
  • The GUI is now 90% touch/mouse enabled, plus an on-screen remote to control the rest
  • New TV Series/Box Set cover image so that you can identify them at a glance
  • TV Parental Rating images, so you can see the correct ratings for TV Series
  • JRiver is now supported as an external player (LAV + madVR + Blu-ray Menus!!!)
  • New option to auto-mark movies and episodes as watched
  • New option to have DVD covers wrap around, so you can scroll Z > A and A > Z.
  • External Links - Launch Windows Apps and open URL's right from CMC's top ModeBar
  • The Music Library now supports creating and listening to Playlists
  • You can now filter and play your music collection by Music Genre
  • Support for non-16:9 screen ratios
  • New options for Sleep and Shutdown added to Exit/Reboot menu.
  • Plus dozens of other enhancements, bug fixes, graphical improvements, and configurable options
Give CMC v2.2 a try today!
President, Chameleon Consulting LLC
Author, Chameleon MediaCenter

Manni

Re: [JUST RELEASED!] CMC v2.2 + CME v1.0

Post by Manni » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 am

Thanks for all the hard work you've put in V2.2 Paul, much appreciated :)

Manni

Post by Manni » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:21 am

Just FYI, the download link in your post isn't active and the download section still points to V2.1... (feel free to delete this post when corrected). Auto-update worked fine though.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 am

You're just too fast! I have to sleep sometime.

Everything's updated now.

Manni

Post by Manni » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am

Pauven wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 am You're just too fast! I have to sleep sometime.

Everything's updated now.
Well, I assumed you had updated the links before posting about the new version, otherwise how can people test? :)

If the plan was to post bad links and leave old versions online, go to sleep, then correct/update everything, I apologize and won't pester you anymore.

FYI, the link in the first post is still invalid, it returns a "forbidden" message.

Not that it matters much now as the links in the download section have been updated.

Pauven

Post by Pauven » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Manni wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am Well, I assumed you had updated the links before posting about the new version, otherwise how can people test?

Over 90% of regular users get their updates automatically, via CMC's built-in update check. Since that is the primary method of delivery, that is what I updated. The small subset of users that want to download manually got to wait an extra half-day for me to update the website.

Everything was exactly as I intended.

Manni wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am FYI, the link in the first post is still invalid, it returns a "forbidden" message.

Well, almost everything. Thanks for pointing that out - bad URL is fixed now.

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Paul! You’ve been a very busy boy! Seeing that I’m now able to call jriver as a external player makes me want to come back into the fold. Plus you’ve added the streaming services. I’m going to have to try all this out. I’ve been busy too. I have all the components for my new network. It’s all based on ubiquiti hardware. I swapped out all my old failing hard drives with new 8tb WD Reds with room to spare. My server is so server Essentials 2016 server is very stable now. I have to rerip some of my media due to corruption but no big deal. I’m looking forward to playing with media center again.
Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks junkie, Reef aquariums, sci-fi, weight training, orchids, Ferns, Kaiju, model kit building, balboa park, scripps aquarium